Featured Articles

Check out the latest featured articles.

File Library

Check out the latest downloads available in the File Library.

New Article

Product Viscosity vs. Shear

Featured File

Vertical Tank Selection

New Blog Entry

Low Flow in Pipes- posted in Ankur's blog

Pvrv Calculations For A Cement Storage Silo With Pneumatic Filling

2 replies to this topic
Share this topic:
| More

#1 jlgoodale

jlgoodale

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 May 2019 - 10:16 AM

Can this forum help with Pressure/Vacuum Relief Valve calculations for dry cement storage tanks?  Most of the posts I have read deal more with liquid storage relief.

#2 Art Montemayor

Art Montemayor

Gold Member

• Admin
  • 5,780 posts

Posted 14 May 2019 - 10:38 AM

Jodi:

You have to be more precise and detailed in your query.  We all know you can't "relieve" dry cement.  You also can't relieve a liquid stored in a conventional storage tank - although you can avoid an overfill.

What you normally relieve is a gas or vapor that forms over the stored liquid or perhaps, in some cases, a stored powdered solid.  For this, there are many prior threads in our Search Machine as well as documents and calculation spread sheets  in our library.  I may be wrong from what I understand in your query, and if I am please correct me and our members will respond with help.

#3 fallah

fallah

Gold Member

• ChE Plus Subscriber
  • 4,930 posts

Posted 15 May 2019 - 01:03 PM

Can this forum help with Pressure/Vacuum Relief Valve calculations for dry cement storage tanks?  Most of the posts I have read deal more with liquid storage relief.

Hi,

It's mostly titled Silo rather than to be named storage tank...!

The protection against high pressure/vacuum will be limited to filling/emptying rates in comparison to liquid storage and the effect of thermal in-breathing/out-breathing could be negligible....