Featured Articles

Check out the latest featured articles.

File Library

Check out the latest downloads available in the File Library.

New Article

Product Viscosity vs. Shear

Featured File

Vertical Tank Selection

New Blog Entry

Low Flow in Pipes- posted in Ankur's blog

Photolytic Sulphur Ammonia Thermocycle Process

No replies to this topic
Share this topic:
| More

#1 Mansi

Mansi

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 November 2019 - 09:34 AM

I have defined all the list of components necessary for this process and the chosen property method was (ENRTL-SR). I chose Gibbs reactor to simulate the low-temperature reactor, high-temperature reactor, and chemical absorber because the kinetics of the reactions is not known. Also, the Rstoic was chosen to simulate the photocatalytic reactor.
The images below contain the photolytic sulphur ammonia process schematic and chemistry and a proposed ASPEN PLUS flowsheet for the process (https://www.energy.g...r_thermo_h2.pdf). I am given only one operating condition for the reactor, namely the temperature, and the production rate of hydrogen. First of all, how can one approach this design problem, given only these info. I can emulate the proposed flowsheet but I have alot of doubts,like , what valid design specifications can I define in order for material and energy balances streams to converge. I added the same blocks as in the ASPEN process flowsheet but I am stuck on how to continue from here.

Attached Files

• Attached File  1.png   368.97KB   0 downloads
  • Attached File  2.png   131.36KB   0 downloads