Featured Articles

Check out the latest featured articles.

File Library

Check out the latest downloads available in the File Library.

New Article

Product Viscosity vs. Shear

Featured File

Vertical Tank Selection

New Blog Entry

Low Flow in Pipes- posted in Ankur's blog

Hysys Dynamic Problems

2 replies to this topic
Share this topic:
| More

#1 Sara77

Sara77

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 January 2021 - 05:59 AM

Hello everyone, 

I'm trying to do a dynamic simulation on Aspen Hysys. I have 3 streams: two are controlled with ratio controllers and the third has a PI flow controller. For this third stream, when I start the integrator, the valve opens at 100% and nevertheless it is uncapable of letting pass the correct quantity of flow. I tried to increase the valve Cv but the result is the same. Apparently I am doing some mistakes but I don't understand where. 

I hope to have been clear and I hope someone can help me. 

Thanks 

Sara                          

#2 Pilesar

Pilesar

Gold Member

• Members
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 02 January 2021 - 09:10 AM

Dynamic simulations should mimic real life constraints. Check your pressure drop across the valve. Fluid flow always requires pressure drop. Try a larger diameter pipe, a shorter pipe, higher source pressure, lower downstream sink pressure, warmer (lower viscosity liquid) source fluid... things that would increase flow in the real world. Check your units of measure -- perhaps the 'correct quantity of flow' is unreasonable. Check your fluid phases -- is your sim fluid vapor when you expected liquid? Do you need a larger pump or compressor? (I'm not a Hysys user, so cannot offer step-by-step.) 

#3 Sara77

Sara77

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 January 2021 - 03:38 AM

Thanks for your suggestion!