Featured Articles

Check out the latest featured articles.

File Library

Check out the latest downloads available in the File Library.

New Article

Product Viscosity vs. Shear

Featured File

Vertical Tank Selection

New Blog Entry

Low Flow in Pipes- posted in Ankur's blog

Produced Water Treatment Question

treatment produced water

2 replies to this topic
Share this topic:
| More

#1 zamakaze

zamakaze

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 12 May 2021 - 07:44 PM

I have a PW analysis which shows about 2500 mg/l of salts as NaCl. Due to these salts do I need to add desalter?? or will these salts separate out with the Produced Water and can be treated with reverse osmosis etc in treatment of produced water ?

I have around 20,000 barrel oil per day and 2000 barrel water per day. The salts are only shown in the analysis for produced water.

I have Two stage separation for oil and water with three-phase separators. 

Please advice

#2 horatorres

horatorres

Gold Member

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 14 May 2021 - 09:11 PM

We always will have water in the crude oil, the usual water  specification for transport or refinery feed is 0,5 % maximum. you have to deshydrater the crude until it reaches this value.

Besides it, the remaining water has chlorides coming in the formation water, if the amount of cl is above 10 PTB, you should use a desalter, add more water 3 - 4 % of water to the crude oil to dissolve the cl and removed again water by electrostatic coalescer.

Horacio

Edited by horatorres, 30 May 2021 - 08:34 AM.

#3 HassLiebe

HassLiebe

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 May 2021 - 02:35 AM

Hello,
Maybe it can be treated by eletromagnetic field. Can you, please, share the analisys of the water? And tell what is expected as the result (You need to reduce NaCl lvl from 2500 to ???) 

Thank you, waiting for the respond

I have a PW analysis which shows about 2500 mg/l of salts as NaCl. Due to these salts do I need to add desalter?? or will these salts separate out with the Produced Water and can be treated with reverse osmosis etc in treatment of produced water ?

I have around 20,000 barrel oil per day and 2000 barrel water per day. The salts are only shown in the analysis for produced water.

I have Two stage separation for oil and water with three-phase separators. 

Please advice