Featured Articles

Check out the latest featured articles.

File Library

Check out the latest downloads available in the File Library.

New Article

Product Viscosity vs. Shear

Featured File

Vertical Tank Selection

New Blog Entry

Low Flow in Pipes- posted in Ankur's blog

Books For Coupling Thermal And Chemical Analysis Of Different Chemical

chemical reaction engineering thermal analysis

No replies to this topic
Share this topic:
| More

#1 Obiwan1997

Obiwan1997

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 May 2021 - 08:08 AM

Hello everyone,

So I wanted to understand the basics of how to analyze Thermal plus chemical analysis in various ideal chemical reactors such as Ideal batch reactors, PFRs etc.

So in most of the classic Chemical reaction engineering books such as fogler, levenspiel etc, the books focus mostly on the designing part and the chemical analysis part assuming isothermal conditions. Is there any book or any resource which focuses on coupling thermal and chemical analysis of different chemical reactors such as energy balances for non-isothermal ideal reactors?. Also a plus point will be if the book also considers the effects of mass transfer in these reactors.

So the reason I want to understand the combined analysis is because I am using Chemkin Pro for simulating my combustion process and the Chemkin manual is not that comprehensive. Chemkin Pro uses these ideal reactors.

There is a chapter in Kenneth Kuo's-"Introduction to combustion" on coupling Chemical and thermal analysis but it's also not that comprehensive.

Any help will be appreciated.