Featured Articles

Check out the latest featured articles.

File Library

Check out the latest downloads available in the File Library.

New Article

Product Viscosity vs. Shear

Featured File

Vertical Tank Selection

New Blog Entry

Low Flow in Pipes- posted in Ankur's blog

Pressure Drop In Hx - Aspen Hysys

exchanger heat hx pressure drop hysys

1 reply to this topic
Share this topic:
| More

#1 A_D_M_MII

A_D_M_MII

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 10 June 2021 - 11:16 AM

Hi everyone,

I have the next doubt/question:

I have to simulate in Aspen Hysys V.10. a process which contains some HX that I have to simulate in his rigorous model, I have the pressure and temperature that currents should have because I have also the technic sheet which shows the orientated results of the implicated currents.

So, with my simulation I have to be near those results, but, there is one of them that it's impossible to achieve.

It is a shell and tube HX whose currents should be:

Tube IN: Demin water 5 kg/cm2g and 23ºC
Shell IN: Process gas that has already started to condensate water. 146 ºC and 25,3 kg/cm2g.

Tube out: Demin water 4,35 kg/cm2g and 95ºC
Shell out: Process gas that is condensating water yet. 126 ºC and 25,1 kg/cm2g.

BUT it is impossible to achieve the 25,1 kg/cm2g, the simulation has calculated that there is a pressure drop of 0,02 kg/cm2g, instead of 0,2 kg/cm2g.

I have put all the main parameters in his geometry, I have also put the impingement plate, but it always calculates the 0,02 kg/cm2g, has it any physic or chemical explication that justify this low value of pressure drop in order to say that this technic specificatión could be wrong?

Thank all of you!

:D  ADM

#2 latexman

latexman

Gold Member

• Admin
  • 1,688 posts

Posted 10 June 2021 - 11:37 AM

Being off 0.18 kgf/cm2g out of 25.1 kgf/cm2g (0.7%) is not worth worrying about in the real world.

And, in Academia, someone may not have typed in a 0, as in 0.2 vs 0.02. Possibly easily explained by human error.

My 2 cents.