Featured Articles

Check out the latest featured articles.

File Library

Check out the latest downloads available in the File Library.

New Article

Product Viscosity vs. Shear

Featured File

Vertical Tank Selection

New Blog Entry

Low Flow in Pipes- posted in Ankur's blog

Reproduce Graph Based On Existing Graph And Excel Datasheet

4 replies to this topic
Share this topic:
| More

#1 Billyuan

Billyuan

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 November 2021 - 08:07 PM

Hi, I am given an Excel datasheet that contains information from a plant. I am also given a graph from the lecturer. 

The goal of the project is to use the existing Excel datasheet to reproduce a kinetic model and plot a graph with trendlines similar to the example graph, and the lecturer told us that it is a way of doing reverse engineering. 

I have already tried using Multiple Regression method in Excel and produced a graph with similar trend of curve as given. However, it is only based on individual case. E.g, Ester activity vs time graph, there are several years of data, and I would like to unify all the individual years into 1 kinetic model to enable future estimation of trendlines for the following years. 

Are there anyone who can give your advice on this case? 

Thank you and have a nice day! 

#2 breizh

breizh

Gold Member

• Admin
  • 6,347 posts

Posted 01 November 2021 - 09:49 PM

Hi,

Check for the function :linest in excel . Using your favorite search engine you will find explanation on how to use it.

Hope this is helping you .

Breizh

#3 Bobby Strain

Bobby Strain

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,529 posts

Posted 01 November 2021 - 10:41 PM

It's never a good idea to use a spreadsheet of unknown quality for any task. This sounds like a student project. If so, (or not), it encourages bad practice.

Bobby

#4 SilverShaded

SilverShaded

Gold Member

• Members
  • 237 posts

Posted 02 November 2021 - 09:56 AM

Can't you back calculate the pre-exponential factor and activation energy from the graph itself?

#5 jayari

jayari

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 02 November 2021 - 02:50 PM

Please describe the data in the spreadsheet and on the graph, it's not clear what you are working with. If you can post these items to the thread so others can see for themselves, that would be better.