Featured Articles

Check out the latest featured articles.

File Library

Check out the latest downloads available in the File Library.

New Article

Product Viscosity vs. Shear

Featured File

Vertical Tank Selection

New Blog Entry

Low Flow in Pipes- posted in Ankur's blog

Chemical Dosing For Cooling Tower

cooling tower chemical dosing

2 replies to this topic
Share this topic:
| More

#1 R_Gowtham

R_Gowtham

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 23 May 2022 - 08:55 AM

Hi all,

For cooling tower chemical dosing, which flow rate i should take as a basis for dosing rate calculation?

Any previous experience in cooling tower dosing rate calculation will be helpful to know more.

#2 breizh

breizh

Gold Member

• Admin
  • 6,328 posts

Posted 23 May 2022 - 07:11 PM

Hi,

Nobody can answer this question without information about the quality of the water fed to your system and type of treatment allowed in your location .

Normally we ask vendors of chemicals to come at site to perform a survey and to suggest a plan for treatment including chemical dosage , cost for a given period and technical assistance through regular visits where analysis are performed .

My view

Breizh 

#3 breizh

breizh

Gold Member

• Admin
  • 6,328 posts

Posted 24 May 2022 - 12:55 AM

Hi,

Does not make sense to me !

Use the service of a professional familiar with cooling water treatment and follow his/her recommendations . You should have information about make up water , blowdown and evaporation . Normally the quantity of chemicals injected is proportional to make up water or blowdown to compensate the loss of chemical . 

It seems you have a Ph adjustment , a Ph probe should help you to monitor in line the cooling water and prevent deposition of salts.

You should have info about other chemicals to add to prevent corrosion and foulant , probably biocide too to prevent legionella .

As I said a reputable chemical company versed on cooling water should help you to manage your system.

Let you study this document to support your work :

https://www.suezwate...g-water-systems

Best of luck

Breizh