Featured Articles

Check out the latest featured articles.

File Library

Check out the latest downloads available in the File Library.

New Article

Product Viscosity vs. Shear

Featured File

Vertical Tank Selection

New Blog Entry

Low Flow in Pipes- posted in Ankur's blog

Teg Circulation Pump Have Cavitation Issue

26 replies to this topic
Share this topic:
| More

#26 rizwangoheer

rizwangoheer

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 26 July 2022 - 03:23 AM

Dear Mr. rizwangoheer

Could you please share whether your TEG pump problem solved?

Not yet we are still facing the same problem. we did everything as suggested here in this group but still problem is there.

#27 rizwangoheer

rizwangoheer

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 26 July 2022 - 04:50 AM

Usually TEG circulation pump is reciprocating. I don't see any heat recovery/temperature drop of lean TEG before entering to TEG pump suction. (TEG pressure/Temp as your material balace: 6.5 psig & 359 Deg F(181 Deg C). Normally there is a Plate Heat Exchanger (PHE) before TEG entering to pump suction and a HH Temperature trip of TEG Circulation pump to avoid TEG degradiation (usually TEG bath temperature is maintain at 204 Deg C and not to exceed 210 Dg C). In your attachment there is no such PHE or Temp HH to trip of pump. We have two dehydration unit where TEG circulation pump operating temperature is 80 Deg C and a HH temperature is 130 DegC. I surprised to see your TEG Circulation pump temp is 181C (as lean TEG temp). As you mentioned plant were running 10 years before smooth and now creating problem. Is there any change/modification of the plant? Compare the data before and after 10 years. I am afraid TEG reach to vapor state whenevr it enter into pump suction and a result of cavitation.

As i metioned earlier there are four similar Gas Dehydration Trains with same capacity and similiar deisgn and all have the same problem. Is it possible that in all trains TEG reached upto temperatrue where it vaporize even through all units are running as per normal operating conditions and no changes observed. :(