Featured Articles

Check out the latest featured articles.

File Library

Check out the latest downloads available in the File Library.

New Article

Product Viscosity vs. Shear

Featured File

Vertical Tank Selection

New Blog Entry

Low Flow in Pipes- posted in Ankur's blog

Htri Simulation

1 reply to this topic
Share this topic:
| More

#1 Santoso13

Santoso13

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 March 2023 - 10:11 PM

i have simulation BKU Kettle Reboiler in HTRI. in the end, i can't solve problem with the fatal message. anybody can help me? 

Attached Files

#2 Pilesar

Pilesar

Gold Member

• Members
  • 1,376 posts

Posted 13 March 2023 - 12:39 AM

The error message seems to point to the lean amine properties. Review the cold fluid property input for accuracy and adequacy. The warning messages find many things wrong with the cold fluid properties as entered.

The problem is overspecified but I don't think that is the cause of the failure. (Specifying both the outlet amine temperature and the vapor fraction is too much. You do not know the outlet pressure therefore you cannot force both the temperature and vapor fraction! The program cannot match both of these inputs.)

You might also try switching to Rating mode. I use Rating mode when designing instead of Design mode since trial and error changes are so fast anyway.

Confirm your input data. This is a very high flow rate. Supply allowable pressure drops. Are you using the correct composition for your lean amine? Perhaps have a co-worker check your input -- sometimes it is difficult to catch your own errors but easy to see someone else's.

Edited by Pilesar, 13 March 2023 - 12:40 AM.