Featured Articles

Check out the latest featured articles.

File Library

Check out the latest downloads available in the File Library.

New Article

Product Viscosity vs. Shear

Featured File

Vertical Tank Selection

New Blog Entry

Low Flow in Pipes- posted in Ankur's blog

Psychrometric Chart: High Dry Bulb, Low Rh

mois air psychrometric dry bulb dew point

6 replies to this topic
Share this topic:
| More

#1 elliot.433

elliot.433

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 July 2023 - 10:05 AM

Hello All,

I am currently trying to find dew point of high temperature air (70-110 C) with low relative humidity (0 to 3%), 1 atm. 

I would greatly appreciate any pointers on correlations valid for this range or PSYCHROMETRIC charts that would have such a range. 

Regards,

Elliot

Edit: I found this chart and it holds the values I will use: BR0009-00_Psych_Chart_High_Temp.pdf (munters.com)

Edited by elliot.433, 13 July 2023 - 02:00 PM.

#2 latexman

latexman

Gold Member

• Admin
  • 1,691 posts

Posted 13 July 2023 - 11:23 AM

Attached File  High T Psychrometric Chart.png   585.22KB   1 downloads

By my eye:

70 C and 1-4% RH has a 26-28 C dew point.

110 C and 1-4% RH has a 40-47 C dew point.

#3 elliot.433

elliot.433

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 July 2023 - 12:51 PM

attachicon.gif High T Psychrometric Chart.png

By my eye:

70 C and 1-4% RH has a 26-28 C dew point.

110 C and 1-4% RH has a 40-47 C dew point.

Hello, Thank you for the quick response. 

I am looking however for a chart that would include the range and would not need to visually interpolate the values or an equation valid for the range. 

Furthermore, it appears to me you have mentioned the wetbulb temperature rather then the dew point. Please correct me if mistaken. 

#4 latexman

latexman

Gold Member

• Admin
  • 1,691 posts

Posted 13 July 2023 - 02:06 PM

I am looking however for a chart that would include the range and would not need to visually interpolate the values or an equation valid for the range. 

Furthermore, it appears to me you have mentioned the wetbulb temperature rather then the dew point. Please correct me if mistaken. 

I found that chart by Googling "high temperature psychometric chart".  Good luck finding what you want.

You are right.  Let me correct that:

70 C and 1-4% RH has a 26-28 C wet bulb temperature.  The dew points for 70 C are off the chart.

110 C and 1-4% RH has a 40-47 C wet bulb temperature and a 24-33 C dew point.

Will the numbers for 0% RH be meaningful to you?  That's pure air, and it'll depend on the properties of 21% O2/79% N2, which will be close to the boiling point of pure air, or -194 C.  Or, does it default to the dewpoint of the air dryer that provided your air, typically  this is -40 C.

#5 breizh

breizh

Gold Member

• Admin
  • 6,351 posts

Posted 13 July 2023 - 06:30 PM

HI,

Consider this resource to support your work. They also have a calculator on the web.

https://www.vaisala....dity-calculator

Breizh

#6 elliot.433

elliot.433

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 July 2023 - 09:07 AM

I found that chart by Googling "high temperature psychometric chart".  Good luck finding what you want.

You are right.  Let me correct that:

70 C and 1-4% RH has a 26-28 C wet bulb temperature.  The dew points for 70 C are off the chart.

110 C and 1-4% RH has a 40-47 C wet bulb temperature and a 24-33 C dew point.

Will the numbers for 0% RH be meaningful to you?  That's pure air, and it'll depend on the properties of 21% O2/79% N2, which will be close to the boiling point of pure air, or -194 C.  Or, does it default to the dewpoint of the air dryer that provided your air, typically  this is -40 C.

The numbers at 0 will not be meaningful no. How ever I have edited the original post and have posted a chart with numbers that include the range I am looking for.

Thank you for the input!

#7 elliot.433

elliot.433

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 July 2023 - 09:07 AM

HI,

Consider this resource to support your work. They also have a calculator on the web.

https://www.vaisala....dity-calculator

Breizh

Great resource.

Thank you