Featured Articles

Check out the latest featured articles.

File Library

Check out the latest downloads available in the File Library.

New Article

Product Viscosity vs. Shear

Featured File

Vertical Tank Selection

New Blog Entry

Low Flow in Pipes- posted in Ankur's blog

Stabilizer Simulation

1 reply to this topic
Share this topic:
| More

#1 prashant.badgujar

prashant.badgujar

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 February 2024 - 02:03 PM

Hello,

I am working on debottlenecking of condensate stabilizer and looking for some guidance. The customer receives the condensate through trailers of different composition and stored in atmospheric tanks then sent to stabilizer. The stabilizer condensate is then sent to stabilized condensate tanks for truck loading. The stabilizer unit is skid with particulate filter, bottoms exchanger and fired reboiler. There is no condenser, vent gases are sent to pipeline and some to scrubber to be used as fuel gas for reboiler. The goal is to find bottleneck for light condensate processing. The challenges I am facing are the reboiler does not have enough duty to maintain desired RVP. This is one bottleneck, obviously there are other factors in play such as column operating conditions, hydraulics which I am not familiar with simulationwise. What could be other bottlenecks and how to approach them? I would really appreciate your expert opinion.

Thank you.

#2 Pilesar

Pilesar

Gold Member

• Members
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 02 February 2024 - 02:26 PM

Column diameter may be limiting due to internal flooding. You will need to rate the column for desired conditions. Consider the possibility of routing natural gas into the bottom of the column to supplement your stripping vapor if it is readily available and you have uses for it.