Featured Articles

Check out the latest featured articles.

File Library

Check out the latest downloads available in the File Library.

New Article

Product Viscosity vs. Shear

Featured File

Vertical Tank Selection

New Blog Entry

Low Flow in Pipes- posted in Ankur's blog

Recuerdos De Otra Edad

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic
Share this topic:
| More

#1 Zauberberg

Zauberberg

Gold Member

• ChE Plus Subscriber
  • 2,727 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 11:16 AM

"Recuerdos De Otra Edad"
"Anjanas"

Can someone translate these words/sentences to English? I do not know if this is written in Spanish or Portuguese language (I do not speak neither of these two).

I apologize to all members. Thanks in advance!

#2 Art Montemayor

Art Montemayor

Gold Member

• Admin
  • 5,780 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 01:45 PM

Zauberberg:

Literally, the Spanish saying means:

"Remembrances (or Memories) of another age". - Anjanas

Are you having recollections of your boyhood? Or are you referring to Pablo Bolivar's musical composition?

Anjanas are mythical, benign Spanish Fairies that assume semi-human forms - something akin to Irish Leprechauns. Hope this helps.

Regards

Art Montemayor

#3 Zauberberg

Zauberberg

Gold Member

• ChE Plus Subscriber
  • 2,727 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 02:20 PM

Dear Mr Montemayor,

You have surprised me with your reply, as you almost always do. I must say you are very unpredictable and extraordinary person.
Yes, I was referring to Pablo Bolivar's beautiful tech-ambient release titled "Anjanas". Tracks like "Recuerdos De Otra Edad" and "Just Perfect Landscapes" are amongst one of the warmest electronic textures I have ever heard - so I simply had to find out what is hidden beneath the titles written in Spanish. And it fits perfectly with music...

Thank you again, sir.

http://www.discogs.c...t/Pablo Bolivar
http://pablobolivar....ress.com/about/
http://pablobolivar....03/PB3-peke.jpg
http://www.discogs.c...t=R&obid=605111

#4 Zauberberg

Zauberberg

Gold Member

• ChE Plus Subscriber
  • 2,727 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 09:21 AM

"Cerca De Mi Cicatriz"?
"Cuenta Cuentos"?

#5 Art Montemayor

Art Montemayor

Gold Member

• Admin
  • 5,780 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 11:50 AM

Moving right along with our Spanish Seminar .....

Cerca De Mi Cicatriz = Close to my scar

Cuenta Cuentos = Tell Me (or Tell) Stories

It's difficult to translate phrases accurately in any language since we really don't know the context under which the phrases are written (or said). However, I think I can guess what Pablito is trying to say......

If Profe is reading this, maybe we can have the privilege of his 2-cents' worth.

#6 Zauberberg

Zauberberg

Gold Member

• ChE Plus Subscriber
  • 2,727 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 12:08 PM

QUOTE (Art Montemayor @ Feb 8 2007, 05:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Moving right along with our Spanish Seminar .....

rolleyes.gif

Language sounds very poetic...
I will dare myself to recommend you to get a copy of this interesting release. Although it is a minimalistic electronic sound, I'm sure you will find many beautiful spots in there.

One track is titled "Noom", and such word does not exist in English language, at least according to Collins dictionary. Is this also a Spanish term?

#7 Art Montemayor

Art Montemayor

Gold Member

• Admin
  • 5,780 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 12:45 PM

Zauber:

One of my daughters gave me a copy of this release as well as Andrea Bocelli's new CD, "Amor". At first, I doubted the value of Bolivar's release since he is very young - in his 20's I think. However, I was very impressed with "Recuerdos de otra edad". I have been a staunch Bocelli advocate and his rendition of "Amapola" and "Cuando me enamoro" has reinforced my faith in his talented voice.

"Noom", in my experience, is not a Spanish word - colloquial or otherwise. Since I believe that Bolivar is Catalan (from Barcelona), it might be a Catalan word. As you are probably aware, there are various languages spoken in what we know as Spain - Castilian, Catalan, Basque, and some dialects.

#8 Profe

Profe

Gold Member

• ChE Plus Subscriber
  • 316 posts

Posted 14 February 2007 - 08:25 AM

Good day Mr: Montemayor

I never heard about Pablo Bolivar's electronic music or another spanish music like this.

"Pero este foro es para los que utilizamos la lengua de Cervantes, Lope de Vega, Machado, Garcia Marquez, Vargas Llosa, entre otros.
Realmente me gustarĂ­a escuchar sobre estos compositores y su tipo de musica."

Apologize me Zauberberg for my "ex abrupt" , but my language is very beautiful and expresive.

Good luck