Featured Articles

Check out the latest featured articles.

File Library

Check out the latest downloads available in the File Library.

New Article

Product Viscosity vs. Shear

Featured File

Vertical Tank Selection

New Blog Entry

Low Flow in Pipes- posted in Ankur's blog

Flarenet(export The Infos)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic
Share this topic:
| More

#1 tonywen

tonywen

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 06:48 AM

Hello everyone,

I met a problem when I tried to export the simulation results. Whichever type of data I used (excel, access), I couldn’t export the Pressure/Flow summary. But I succeeded in exporting the other types of data like valves and pipes infos. I tried also defining export file in stead of using the default file, but I failed. Could you tell me what's wrong? Thank you in advance.

Tony

#2 joerd

joerd

Gold Member

• ChE Plus Subscriber
  • 371 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 09:28 AM

It's kind of a crappy setup. You need to create a new export definition file, then click on the PFSummary option in the next step of the wizard. Check "Export this type of data" in the right pane, and also check what you want to export in the "Field Details" page. Then, expand the PFSummary tree, click on the next item ("EndResults"), check "Export This type of data" again, and define the field details again. Repeat until you have checked all the items you need, and the "Export this type of data" where applicable.
You may use the attached report definition file, if you want, which exports everything in the PFSummary tree. If you like text better (it's really and XML file), open it in Notepad and change Export="No" to Export="Yes" where you need data.

Attached Files

#3 tonywen

tonywen

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 03:26 AM

QUOTE (joerd @ Jul 20 2007, 09:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's kind of a crappy setup. You need to create a new export definition file, then click on the PFSummary option in the next step of the wizard. Check "Export this type of data" in the right pane, and also check what you want to export in the "Field Details" page. Then, expand the PFSummary tree, click on the next item ("EndResults"), check "Export This type of data" again, and define the field details again. Repeat until you have checked all the items you need, and the "Export this type of data" where applicable.
You may use the attached report definition file, if you want, which exports everything in the PFSummary tree. If you like text better (it's really and XML file), open it in Notepad and change Export="No" to Export="Yes" where you need data.

Thank you so much. I have tried several times but failed, even though I used your definition file. I can find the file created but there isn't any data in it except the item name like "end results". I don't know why caused it. Maybe is there a problem of the compatibility between different flarenet et office? But i scceeded in exporting other types of data like "scenarios", "Pipes". Could you help me? I send you the exported file which was tried. Is there anyone who has the same experience?

#4 tonywen

tonywen

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 01:41 AM

I sent my file to Aspen and asked them to export it. There is a bug with the 3.51 version Flarenet. In recent version they have solved this problem. I suggest all users update your softwares!

Regards

Tony

#5 JoeWong

JoeWong

Gold Member

• ChE Plus Subscriber
  • 1,223 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 01:29 PM

QUOTE (tonywen @ Aug 7 2007, 01:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I sent my file to Aspen and asked them to export it. There is a bug with the 3.51 version Flarenet. In recent version they have solved this problem. I suggest all users update your softwares!

Regards

Tony

Tony,
Can you advise the report case no for our reference?

Thanks in advance.

JoeWong

#6 tonywen

tonywen

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 03:47 AM

QUOTE (JoeWong @ Aug 7 2007, 01:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (tonywen @ Aug 7 2007, 01:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Regards

Tony

Tony,
Can you advise the report case no for our reference?

Thanks in advance.

JoeWong

Hello JoeWong,

I think I can give you the incident number as well as other infos.

Date of Request: 30-Jul-2007
Incident Number: 865174
Incident Summary: Failure of the export wizard (PFSummary)
Incident Resolution: Sent Excel spreadsheet from 2006 version

About Flarenet:

version 3.51
Build No. 384

If you want more infos whout this problem, don't hesitate please.

Regards,

Tony