Featured Articles

Check out the latest featured articles.

File Library

Check out the latest downloads available in the File Library.

New Article

Product Viscosity vs. Shear

Featured File

Vertical Tank Selection

New Blog Entry

Low Flow in Pipes- posted in Ankur's blog

Simulation Files

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
47 replies to this topic
Share this topic:
| More

#26 Padmakar Katre

Padmakar Katre

Gold Member

• ChE Plus Subscriber
  • 992 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 06:49 AM

Dear All,
My request you to all who are asking for the files and the tutorials is to register an account with Aspen Tech website and download the documentation you need which under their Knowledge Base. You will find plenty of information related to Hysys and other Aspen Products.
The website of Aspen Tech is support.aspentech.com

#27 Parth

Parth

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 06:05 PM

Hi Padmakar,

It will be easy if you open an account in www.4shared.com and put all the files and give the download link in this. I think this will be better idea and everybody in this forum will get the materials.

Thanks for the help

K.Partheeban

#28 Padmakar Katre

Padmakar Katre

Gold Member

• ChE Plus Subscriber
  • 992 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 05:26 AM

Dear:

Sorry to say I don't access this website which uses stolen resources and distributes those to everyone. At least as of now and forever I will not practice any unethical and immoral things which I feel are a sin and I don't want to commit it. I hope you will not take it personal.

Once again I request you and all others who are interested in this should go for an authentic account with aspen tech and get the benefit.

#29 Root

Root

Gold Member

• ChE Plus Subscriber
  • 293 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 09:10 AM

Hi Vinay,

1st of all, no one catch your figner and teach you about simulation, they you request for help and information no one reply you!

2nd: post your problem with your difficulties and may be some one help you if they know the case.
Lastly, go and take training courses either by your own money or ask your company to arrange the course for you.

if you like to self learn about the simulation here is one book wich can give you lot of information for simulation particularly for Aspentec and HYSYS. "Process Design Principles by W D Seider, JD Seader and ISBN # 0-471-24312-4"
Buy this book and read it, this book also has software (Hysys, aspentec,proii) lot of case studies also given in this book.
Hope this will help you.
Good luck with your search.

#30 vinay

vinay

Gold Member

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 05:52 AM

Toor,

It seems you have not read my post carefully , I have asked for example files of refinery operation simulations & not the basics of simulation. If you know a bit about simulation then you must be also knowing that it is one thing to know simulation & completely another thing to simulate the whole plant of refinery. That involves knowing fluid properties to such an extent that you can define proper thermodynamic package , it also calls you to specify the correct composition of refinery products like Wild Naphtha , Alkylate , etc... do You think any body knowing simulation but less knowledge of refinery operation can simulate the whole plant.

A person can simulate the whole plant from scratch if he is aware of all the things i mentioned above & many more things that i didn't mention but it requires a whole lot of time. That was the reason for me to ask for example files of refinery operations & that is the reason why so many people have asked padmakar to share his files ( not for learning the basics of simulation).

It is very simple to criticize some one but you should know the reason why someone is asking question. Does the book you referred answers all of the questions that were required? Probably not ... !!!! Does a general training on simulation ( with my or my company's money can answer most of the questions? Probably some of the question but not all .... what about the time required to simulate a complex plant like Alkylation or FCC from scratch ??

I know it is impossible to get a simulation file meeting all my criteira ( specially free of cost at any web site, whether it is of Aspentech's or Simsci Escor's) but a matching simulation file of any other refinery would have been great help to me as it would give me some idea about unknowns like Alkylate composition etc as well as reduce the time requirement to simulate the plant!!!

Hope I have made myself clear .

Regards,
Vinay

#31 Andrei

Andrei

Gold Member

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 10:19 AM

Gentlemen,
Please do not be amazed by the great number pf people reading the post but very few actually willing to help. The best source of "for study purposes" simulation files is the simulation program provider: you have the program, you have the examples.
Real life simulation files availability is a total different situation. The files are usually protected by a secrecy agreement between author and employer, or client and contractor. At least in the area I work it is illegal to share that kind of information publicly.
Regards

#32 Srikrishna Chaitanya

Srikrishna Chaitanya

Gold Member

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 10:09 PM

Hi Vinay

What ANDREI said is exactly correct most of the people do not share it because it’s illegal, it’s unethical to share all those simulations done for their companies. But here so many experienced and senior people are there they will guide you surely once you start your simulation ; if you want to do a whole plant simulation start it by your own and you can post your doubts or queries regarding your problems that you encounter while doing simulation .

Regards

Satish

#33 qadri

qadri

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 12:08 AM

hi vinay,

i would be grateful to u if u send me the real time simulation files on entire plant or atleast a unit of an refinery like (CDU, vdu etc) as im required to submit a project report on simulation.
and also i would be pleased if u help me out with the basics.
looking forward for ur altruistic gesture.

my email id is athher786@gmail.com

best wishes.
regards,
Qadri.

#34 niraj

niraj

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 June 2008 - 05:17 AM

Hi Padmakar

I also Need ASPEn Plus files Please send me on

bniraj@rediffmail.com

Thx& Regards,
Niraj

#35 chemicallocha

chemicallocha

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 03:18 AM

plz send me too at akhiltyg@gmail.com

#36 ozlage

ozlage

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 05:08 AM

Dear Padmakar,

Please send me too
my email ID "ozlage@gmail.com

#37 babak

babak

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 07:45 AM

Dear Padmakar,

I was wondering if you could send me those.
My email address is bkhalafi@yahoo.com

#38 Michael K

Michael K

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 08:05 AM

QUOTE (Padmakar S Katre @ Jul 23 2007, 11:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dear Vinay,
If you will share your mail id with me I will send some of the examples of refinery.I am not able to upload these files here because of the uploading space limitations.
Cheers........Njoy

Hello ,
Would you be kind enough to send me the refinery files you reffered to in your email.
my email address is mkehinde@gmail.com

#39 monycash

monycash

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 12:26 AM

QUOTE (Padmakar S Katre @ Dec 27 2007, 10:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dear Friends,

Actually I got these files from aspentech website which everyone can download from thier support website.So many .srf presentations and so much good database is available under knowledge base and documnetation sub headers.

To some of the people I wrote a CD and sent it, but its a tough task to send everyone. Please bear with me; the file sizes are large so I can't upload here though I want to share it with every member of cheresources family

Would appreciate if you could send it to monycash@gmail.com.

Thanks a lot.

• guestGuests
  • 0 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 04:19 AM

hi padmakar...this is Ratan, working in refinery.

i wanted learn simulation studies uding aspen and pro-ii...could u plz send some tutorial stuff related to refinery

thanks in advance

my mail id : chem_ratan@yahoo.co.in

#41 amiramani

amiramani

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 December 2008 - 05:00 AM

Dear Padmakar,
I should be grateful if you would send me your simulation files.
My address is:
amiramiramani@yahoo.com

• guestGuests
  • 0 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 07:37 AM

Hello padmakar
plz send some of the refinery exampls/case studies to my mail id
chem_ratan2007@rediffmail.com

iam learning aspen/pro-ii/hysis

i will be very thankful for your support

regards
Ratan

QUOTE (Padmakar S Katre @ Jul 23 2007, 12:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dear Vinay,
If you will share your mail id with me I will send some of the examples of refinery.I am not able to upload these files here because of the uploading space limitations.
Cheers........Njoy

#43 jahanlou

jahanlou

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 03:54 AM

QUOTE (Padmakar S Katre @ Jul 23 2007, 08:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dear Vinay,
Cheers........Njoy

Dear Padmakar
hi, would you please send these examples for me in the below address?
s.jahanlou@nargan.com
thanks inadvance

#44 th.amitkumar

th.amitkumar

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 06:09 AM

I also want it too, Sir.
My email id is th.amitkumar@gmail.com.
Regards,
Amit

#45 Andalus Knight

Andalus Knight

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 06:39 PM

sir if you provide me it will be more useful to me

Hussein_elgenedy@yahoo.com

#46 Neelakantan

Neelakantan

Gold Member

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 06:18 AM

The real answer was given by Mr. Katre and Mr. Toor.

As quoted from Vinays reply:
==
If you know a bit about simulation then you must be also knowing that it is one thing to know simulation & completely another thing to simulate the whole plant of refinery. That involves knowing fluid properties to such an extent that you can define proper thermodynamic package , it also calls you to specify the correct composition of refinery products like Wild Naphtha , Alkylate , etc... do You think any body knowing simulation but less knowledge of refinery operation can simulate the whole plant.

A person can simulate the whole plant from scratch if he is aware of all the things i mentioned above & many more things that i didn't mention but it requires a whole lot of time. That was the reason for me to ask for example files of refinery operations & that is the reason why so many people have asked padmakar to share his files ( not for learning the basics of simulation

========

It was an uncalled-for statement from mr vinay to ask if mr toor knows about simulation; if it is a question of saving time - if you own a legal simulation software copy - you can always contact the company and get authentic samples. And if you are working in a reputed company with some years behind it, they will have a base file for someone to build on;

If it is a question of learning, then the best way is to do it (or at least try to do it) rather than tinker with a file obtained from another person.

I will tell you my experience here. i was asked to troubleshoot a TEG reclamation unit in SE Asia and they submitted the files given by the Australian and Malaysian designers (phase-2 was practically a copy of phase1!); Unfortunately both the files (phase 1 and phase 2) lacked any notes on the simulation basis and assumptions had to be made; a reputed Indian company that was expected to build phase-3 after trouble shooting, found no problem either in simulation or in realtime operational data; and when it landed on my desk and I finally opened the column environment, I found that the original Australian simulation engineer had used a coarse convergence criteria and bypassed two-phase and three-phase check-outs; also, the simulation model for a Coldfinger model was crap;

Unless people start building with their own hands (you can use samples; i don't deny that can help)and understand fully how and why it is done, you will never get meaningful results or real insights in the design.

===
As for other people suggesting to Mr. Katre to upload the files in uploading sites, why can't the people who received the CD gratefully do it themselves?

regards
neelakantan

#47 Atul jain

Atul jain

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 06:36 AM

Please send refinery examples on my emel id atulchem321@yahoo.com

#48 chemproc

chemproc

Gold Member