Featured Articles

Check out the latest featured articles.

File Library

Check out the latest downloads available in the File Library.

New Article

Product Viscosity vs. Shear

Featured File

Vertical Tank Selection

New Blog Entry

Low Flow in Pipes- posted in Ankur's blog

Please Help!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic
Share this topic:
| More

• guestGuests
  • 0 posts

Posted 26 November 2007 - 06:43 PM

HI TO EVERYONE! I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW:

1- WHERE I CAN FIND PRICES FOR CONTINUOS REACTORS ? (NO SPECIFIC, ONLY NEED APPROXIMATION OF THE PRICES)
2- WHERE I CAN FIND PRICES FOR NICKELOSENE (NiCp2)?? (OR SOMETHING THAT
APPROXIMATES)

I WILL BE VERY THANKFUL FOR YOUR HELP!! rolleyes.gif

#2 JEBradley

JEBradley

Gold Member

• Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 05:49 AM

You'll have to contact some manufacturers/suppliers to get both your answers. I'd phone them - that way you're more likely to get an answer.

To price a CSTR you need to be way more specific. I once made one for £10 - but then I doubt an old plastic drum with an air sparge would be what you're looking for. How big is it going to be, whats it going to be made of? What is it going to be used for? Any Pressures or Temperatures would be useful. Write back with this information and I'll see if I can suggest any suppliers. De Dietrich / QVF who have an ad on this site produce Glass and Glass-Line Mild Steel Ones so you can always check with them if its for use in a pharmaceutical plant.

As for NiCp2 - Sigma-Aldrich sell it. Follow this link:
http://http://www.sigmaaldrich.com/catalog/search/ProductDetail/FLUKA/72255/

Then click on bulk quote and fill in the form. For a quicker response - try calling them and pretend you arent a student.

#3 Padmakar Katre

Padmakar Katre

Gold Member

• ChE Plus Subscriber
  • 992 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 09:09 AM

Dear,
I hope that you are also doing your engineering project and you want a rough idea to calculate your process economics if that is so you can get the exact idea from any of manufacturing industry of having same process unit same with which project you are doing.
Now in another case reactors are licensed items of the certain process licensors and you can explore their make and get the information from them.In your case specific for which you mentioned, you have to explore the differnet makes available in the market and get the information from them.I will suggest to search it on google and you will get the different makes and their contact details and accordingly you will be able to get the right information.