Featured Articles

Check out the latest featured articles.

File Library

Check out the latest downloads available in the File Library.

New Article

Product Viscosity vs. Shear

Featured File

Vertical Tank Selection

New Blog Entry

Low Flow in Pipes- posted in Ankur's blog

Pro-max

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic
Share this topic:
| More

#1 process101

process101

Gold Member

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 02:39 PM

does any one knows about promax?
if yes could you please tell me that is it easier than Hysis?
thank you very much in advance

#2 Art Montemayor

Art Montemayor

Gold Member

• Admin
  • 5,780 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 03:35 PM

You are mixing apples and oranges. The two simulation programs are not competitive among themselves.

ProMax is a lot easier than Hysys. It should be; it is more specifically oriented to and for a few certain processes. What it does, it does well. But it can't do everything that Hysys does.

#3 Zauberberg

Zauberberg

Gold Member

• ChE Plus Subscriber
  • 2,727 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 09:46 AM

ProMax is esentially a flowsheeter like HYSYS, but with one exceptional value - the capability of accurate modeling of gas treating (sweetening) processes. I didn't have an opportunity to use it, but what I know for sure is the fact that ProMax is used by many engineering companies for the purpose of gas sweetening facilities design. One consulting agency from North America also claims it is possible to use ProMax for simulation of physical and combined absorption processes (like Sulfinol, for example), but I don't know about this feature. Certainly this is not possible in HYSYS.

More info at: http://www.bre.com/promax.aspx

#4 PFD

PFD

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 04:09 PM

QUOTE (Art Montemayor @ Apr 2 2008, 03:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You are mixing apples and oranges. The two simulation programs are not competitive among themselves.

ProMax is a lot easier than Hysys. It should be; it is more specifically oriented to and for a few certain processes. What it does, it does well. But it can't do everything that Hysys does.

Art:

What do you find can be done in HYSYS but not ProMax? I use both and find ProMax does more and is more reliable. I think you may be confusing its capabilities with their past programs.