Featured Articles

Check out the latest featured articles.

File Library

Check out the latest downloads available in the File Library.

New Article

Product Viscosity vs. Shear

Featured File

Vertical Tank Selection

New Blog Entry

Low Flow in Pipes- posted in Ankur's blog

Glycol Demand Calculation

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic
Share this topic:
| More

#1 punjung

punjung

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 01:15 AM

Dear expert,

I want to ask about glycol demand calculation per mmscfd wet gas on dehydration unit, please help me. please give also reference beside GPSA and steward&arnold.

Thanks,

Regards,

Punjung

#2 Art Montemayor

Art Montemayor

Gold Member

• Admin
  • 5,780 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 09:02 AM

Punjung:

You fail to tell us just exactly what you want the information for and how it will be used. I am forced to have to assume that you are looking for Glycol consumption data because you are writing the commissioning, startup, and operation manuals for a new dehydration unit. You also fail to tell us the specifics of the (Glycol?) dehydration unit you have in mind. Without specific details and basic data, we are forced to generalize and conjecture - which is not much help. The bottom line is that if you don't help us with detailed, specific information, we can't help you.

There are no calculations for the loss / entrainment / vaporization / leakage / decomposition of Diethylene or Triethylene Glycol - at least not to my knowledge.

Every evidence, statistic, data, or recommendation has been based on empirical information obtained in actual, field dehydration units. And that's good. If the data was collected in a good, accurate, and detailed manner it should form a good idea of what to expect in Glycol consumption from a new or designed unit.

However, much of the data I've seen and used has little or no reference as to size of unit, operating pressures & temperatures, type of contactor and regeneration used, etc., etc. Therefore, you have to rely on the empirical data with some concern as to whether it applies to your design or not - and with what accuracy. The best data is that collected by companies operating many dehydration units - and of different design. If you are able to obtain such data, that is the best way to predict Glycol consumption.

I don't know who you mean by "steward&arnold". Are they authors, operators, or designers?