Featured Articles

Check out the latest featured articles.

File Library

Check out the latest downloads available in the File Library.

New Article

Product Viscosity vs. Shear

Featured File

Vertical Tank Selection

New Blog Entry

Low Flow in Pipes- posted in Ankur's blog

Ethanol Vapor Pressure

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic
Share this topic:
| More

#1 Alii

Alii

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 09:24 AM

Vapor pressure of ethanol is low which means in the colder regions its not possible to use it with the same gasoline blending which is being used in comparitively less colder regions...like here in sundsvall the percentage of gasoline blending with ethanol is 70% ethanol and 30% gasoline...while in southern parts of sweden it is 85% ethanol and 15% gasoline due to climate difference and in order to cope with the problem of low pressure of ethanol.Now my question is what is exact phenomena behind all this....how the vapor pressure of ethanol is improved after increasing the quantity of gasoline in it.

regards

Ali

#2 latexman

latexman

Gold Member

• Admin
  • 1,688 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 11:29 AM

Alii,

I'm not experienced in petrol blends, but, I'll try. Cold starting does not depend on just the ethanol vapor pressure, it's the vapor pressure of all the fuel components (i.e. total partial pressure of all the fuel components). So, the ethanol vapor pressure is not improved after increasing the quantity of gasoline in it, but the total partial pressure of all the fuel components are improved and cold starts get easier.