Featured Articles

Check out the latest featured articles.

File Library

Check out the latest downloads available in the File Library.

New Article

Product Viscosity vs. Shear

Featured File

Vertical Tank Selection

New Blog Entry

Low Flow in Pipes- posted in Ankur's blog

Peak Oil

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic
Share this topic:
| More

#1 StealthProg

StealthProg

Gold Member

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 04:43 PM

Well I suspect that most right minded people are aware that Oil will eventually run out (unless you believe its spontaneously created underground by the oil fairy). So have we passed it? Are we close to it? Or is it decades away? What are your thoughts?

As a secondary question, if you believe it has passed or we are close to it, why is there very little media coverage? Are we all in a mass denial?

#2 rowanlim

rowanlim

Gold Member

• ChE Plus Subscriber
  • 51 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 09:39 AM

I think either nobody knows the truth of when peak oil is coming or they're not telling us.

I believe the older technologies do not retrieve all the oil from the reservoir; newer technology can help with the tertiary recovery of this oil. I also believe that geopolitics around the globe & demand (driven by the media, status significance, economics etc) can tamper with the true value of oil.

But I think it's good that people are talking about peak oil, coz it's better for us to be prepare with alternative fuel when it DOES hit. We wouldn't want to have millions of cars put to the junkyard because they're empty Posted Image