Featured Articles

Check out the latest featured articles.

File Library

Check out the latest downloads available in the File Library.

New Article

Product Viscosity vs. Shear

Featured File

Vertical Tank Selection

New Blog Entry

Low Flow in Pipes- posted in Ankur's blog

Properties In Hysys. Molar Flow / Std Gas Flow

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic
Share this topic:
| More

#1 mosayef

mosayef

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 06:58 PM

hi all,

1. i want to ask about unit in Hysys. there are 2 properties in Hysys that in MMSCFD unit, Molar Flow and Std. Gas Flow. molar flow is an input variable, and std. gas flow is calculated variable

i am confused how to differentiate about this two. if we design to build a gas plant in order to deliver sales gas 100 MMSCFD, which one do i need to adjust in my simulation ? i guest it is std.gas flow since it is fiscal matter. am i right ?

but how about molar flow ? when do we use this properties ? could you please give info ?

2. I am also confused with the properties : Std. Ideal Liq Vol. Flow and Liq Vol Flow @ std condition. what the difference between this two ? if I wan to simulate an oil stream 1000 BOPD, which one do i need to use ? since both of them are an input variable

thanks for your info :)

Edited by mosayef, 26 August 2015 - 06:59 PM.

#2 serra

serra

Gold Member

• Members
  • 310 posts

Posted 27 August 2015 - 01:36 AM

I have a different sofware (PRODE) but probably the same rule may result useful in your application,

when possible, I try to specify (inputs) as mass flows or flows at some standard condition (which is equivalent to specify mass flows),

then all simulators will allow to calculate density at specified conditions and convert to volumetric flows,

to convert simply consider density (calculated at specified conditions)

take care that std. conditions may change in different countries...

PRODE PROPERTIES allows to edit std. conditions (to solve this problem),

I presume you can do the same in HYSYS

#3 Lucian Gomoescu

Lucian Gomoescu

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 16 October 2015 - 12:26 PM

Hello,

In HYSYS, specify for molar flow 100 MMSCFD.
Standard conditions in HYSYS means: 1 atm absolute pressure and a temperature of 15 °C.

Observation: Also the international standard metric conditions for gases are the same as mentioned above.

Std. Ideal Liq. Vol. Flow represents the ratio between the mass flow rate and ideal liquid density at the std. conditions.
A stream ideal liquid std. density means the density calculated based on pure components densities @ 60 °F & 1 atm and their molar fractions, ignoring mixing effects.

Liq. Vol. Flow @ Std Conditions is different to Std. Ideal Liq. Vol. by the fact that the density is determined including the components mixing effect.

Therefore, specify 1000 barrel/day for Liq. Vol. Flow @ Std Conditions.

This translates into a flow rate of 1000 U.S. barrels/day (by definition, 1 U.S. barrel of oil means cca 0.159 m3 oil @ 60°F and 1 atm).

#4 gegio1960

gegio1960

Gold Member

• Members
  • 517 posts

Posted 18 October 2015 - 02:52 AM

Before year 2000 Hysys didn't include the ideal liquid std density. I had to discuss a lot with Hyprotech friends to convince them of the needs of this parameter.

#5 saint.m.pearl

saint.m.pearl

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 October 2015 - 11:04 AM

pls my people,I see hw everyone discuss here and am happy, at d same tym sad,pls I wnt to knw everything like you guys,am still in university and I tink u cnt knw it wt classroom knowledge alone,pls I need practical experience, can anyone link m up or help m?