Featured Articles

Check out the latest featured articles.

File Library

Check out the latest downloads available in the File Library.

New Article

Product Viscosity vs. Shear

Featured File

Vertical Tank Selection

New Blog Entry

Low Flow in Pipes- posted in Ankur's blog

Free Blog & Download Books

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic
Share this topic:
| More

#1 pawan

pawan

Gold Member

• ChE Plus Subscriber
  • 162 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 11:37 PM

Art I agree with you & I am removing this section from my Blog.

#2 Art Montemayor

Art Montemayor

Gold Member

• Admin
  • 5,780 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 07:36 AM

Pawan:

Is the content of the electronic books you are offering to share with Students the product of your personal work effort? If not, do you have the official authors' (or the copyright) permission to distribute the information to others without compensation to the authors or owners?

There are many sources of pirated E-books throughout the Internet. This is an un-ethical and illegal practice that can (& probably will be prosecuted) as you probably already know. I am asking these questions to make sure that our Forums continue to defend a policy of strict, ethical, and legal operation in our continuing efforts to be a source of direct and effective help to young, aspiring Chemical Engineering students.

We heartily commend anyone who freely shares their intellectual property with others - especially Students - and we encourage all to follow this example. However, the property that is shared must be the legal property of the person sharing. Otherwise, it is intellectual property piracy and, as such, contrary to and detrimental to any professional engineer's profession of serving the public in an ethical and moral manner.

Please respond with a typical listing of the books that you offer for download.

Thank you.