Featured Articles

Check out the latest featured articles.

File Library

Check out the latest downloads available in the File Library.

New Article

Product Viscosity vs. Shear

Featured File

Vertical Tank Selection

New Blog Entry

Low Flow in Pipes- posted in Ankur's blog

Vegetable Oil Conversion To Biodiesel

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic
Share this topic:
| More

#1 Guest_Jen E._*

Guest_Jen E._*
  • guestGuests

Posted 24 June 2005 - 09:30 AM

Hi,

I'm currently conducting a research paper on the conversion of a minimum of five different vegetable oils (rapeseed, canola, cononut palm oil, etc.) to Biodiesel through two process reactant sets:
1) Methanol & NaOH
2) Ethanol & NaOH

In this paper, calculations of the thermodynamics & kinetics of the reactions, expected yield and differences in the products chemical structure will be described.

The paper will include thermodynamics, kinetics, and mass & energy balance.

I'm having a very hard time searching for the suitable information for this particular topic. I've looked for past published works from professional journals, but never seem to encounter them, especially material that's free.

I'm probably looking in the wrong direction. Please give me a reply if you've any information regarding this topic! You're help is greatly appreciated.

Jen E.

#2 Guest_sanjay kumar_*

Guest_sanjay kumar_*
  • guestGuests

Posted 07 November 2005 - 04:48 AM

hello jen, this is sanjay here.
i saw this message of yours and thought would like to help you. moreover i think i can work with you in this project.

firstly, let me know where is your lab or your work place and what exactly is your problem in the thermodynamics or the kinetics part of it.

iam a petrochemical engineer and right now doin my mtech in health safety and environment at university of petroleum and energy studies, dehra dun.

so you can mail me at "sanjaykumar_16@yahoo.com"