Featured Articles

Check out the latest featured articles.

File Library

Check out the latest downloads available in the File Library.

New Article

Product Viscosity vs. Shear

Featured File

Vertical Tank Selection

New Blog Entry

Low Flow in Pipes- posted in Ankur's blog

Types Of Steam

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic
Share this topic:
| More

#1 kumaqal.engr

kumaqal.engr

Veteran Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 18 December 2005 - 07:43 AM

Hello
i want to know about different types of steam. How many types and what is the difference b/w them , like saturate steam and super heated steam.thankyou

#2 aliadnan

aliadnan

Gold Member

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 18 December 2005 - 08:45 AM

SATURATED STEAM
The steam which is at its saturation temperature i.e. vapors are in equilibrium with liquid at a given pressure is known as saturated steam. If you look the staurated steam tables you will see that for ever pressure there is a corresponding temperature at which the water boils and vapor and liqiuid are in equilibrium with each other.

SUPERHEATED STEAM
If you keep giving heat to a saturated steam at a constant pressure the temperature of the steam starts to rise and the temperature difference between the saturation temp at that pressure and temperature of the steam is the DEGREE OF SUPER HEAT of the steam.
Steam at a temperature higher than its saturation temperature (corresponding to pressure) is known as superheated steam . Again if you see the SUPERHEATED STEAM Tables you will see that there will be a number of of temperatures for a single value of pressure.

I hope you get the answer of your question.
Please correct me if I am wrong in any of my statement.

Regards