Featured Articles

Check out the latest featured articles.

File Library

Check out the latest downloads available in the File Library.

New Article

Product Viscosity vs. Shear

Featured File

Vertical Tank Selection

New Blog Entry

Low Flow in Pipes- posted in Ankur's blog

Final Year Design Projct ... Any Good Suggestions ?

project design final year

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic
Share this topic:
| More

#1 abubakarce19

abubakarce19

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:01 PM

hi Everyone 

As my final year has just started so i want some suggestions for my final year design project . i am looking for some innovative but industry related title.

I think topics touching urea or refinery or some overall utility topics are really good for my career.

So guys help me out in choosing one for me .

thanks...  

#2 thorium90

thorium90

Gold Member

• Members
  • 1,073 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:44 PM

Oh, wont your Prof have given you one or would have suggested some for you?

#3 abubakarce19

abubakarce19

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 02:30 PM

Prof who is supervising us has expertise in coal . He has suggested some projects like conversion of coal to ammonia and co-combustion of coal and biomass e.t.c but I don't want to work on coal . In fact I want simple, innovative and a little bit modern one .  

#4 thorium90

thorium90

Gold Member

• Members
  • 1,073 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 06:42 PM

If you work on something else, your Prof wont be able to help you much isnt it? Then you would be working blind, unless you find another Prof's work that you are interested in and he is willing to guide you on your project... Perhaps you could read about the research interests of other Prof's in your university and approach them if possible.

#5 ramsingh_mech

ramsingh_mech

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 02:34 AM

The concept is good , in present scenario the coal avilability is become like Oasis....if you opt this , its a chance for you to particpate in the fight, to over come the coal crisis. Once take a look on Coal gasification process also.

I suggest you to concentrate on the concept like, How to increase the combustion efficiency with Less Coal Consumption by adopting latest technologies.& Methods for Effectively Utilisation of Coal.

Regards
RAM.

#6 thorium90

thorium90

Gold Member

• Members
  • 1,073 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:28 AM

You could always take the opportunity to work on nuclear technology. Thorium nuclear power has many advantages over coal technologies... Furthermore, India has the world's largest reserves of thorium and the indian government supports the technology as well as being the most well known and funded.

Then again, it might be too tough a topic for an undergraduate... But you wanted something modern right? Why study so hard to be an engineer if all you want to do is reinvent the wheel or develop new and improved versions of the wheel?

Of course, I could also suggest research into power plants using micro singularities to generate unlimited power created by artificially creating a Higgs field. Heard of the Higgs boson or the God particle? But that is also way too advanced as compared to "advanced" technologies like coal gasification.

So perhaps you might want to start off simple, like biomass or coal processes. ;)

Edited by thorium90, 23 March 2013 - 11:42 AM.

#7 abubakarce19

abubakarce19

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:53 AM

hey , thanks everyone !!! but seriously none is going to help me ... as i said simple, innovative and lil bit modern & and that is applicable in industry now-a-days... i can handle working on projects other than coal and biomass despite the fact my prof got expertise in coal . 

i want to work on projects related to fertilizer industry, food industry or oil refineries . bcz i seek my career in these industries..so i want projects that are not only good for my practise & knowledge but also impressive while seeking a job .

#8 thorium90

thorium90

Gold Member

• Members
  • 1,073 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 09:15 PM

If you really want to work in the industry of your choice, you should take the effort to learn all about it. Im not saying advice is not helpful, but one doesnt get good grades simply by learning from answer sheets. You will benefit more by attempting the problem and researching all about the problem to figure out how to solve it.
Therefore, perhaps it might be better if you read up and post a list of topics that you think are suitable for yourself. Maybe others might then help clarify or deepen your project as necessary. I think it would be more beneficial than simply requesting a topic..