Featured Articles

Check out the latest featured articles.

File Library

Check out the latest downloads available in the File Library.

New Article

Product Viscosity vs. Shear

Featured File

Vertical Tank Selection

New Blog Entry

Low Flow in Pipes- posted in Ankur's blog

Tuning A Pid Controller

determining tuning parameter

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic
Share this topic:
| More

#1 Pingue2008

Pingue2008

Gold Member

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 06 June 2016 - 01:01 PM

Dear members,

I need some serious help on PID tuning. I spent a lot of time online and on YouTube.

First off, i am not an expert. I was introduced to control couple years ago however i have never done tuning. Please bear with me. I have attached a trend and a compiled info on steps to go through  the tuning loop. 

1- The first step is to check the physical controller. I did that with I&E supervisor. checked out

2- Do a bump test in Manual. This is where my problem started. The measurement is Up and Down. It never on SPT. Please see the attached trend. I just don't want to move numbers around just for the sake of changing them.

The help i am seeking may be out of scope of this forum. i need an expert to hold my hand on this one. My loop is a cascade loop. The output of my pressure controller feed into my temperatures controller. I am using a Foxboro I/A series 6.5.6. Any documentation will help. I checked with Foxboro they told me there are training courses for this but management does not want to pay for it yet so i need to figure this on my own. Any help, documentation ect...

Thank you,

Attached Files

#2 breizh

breizh

Gold Member

• Admin
  • 6,282 posts

Posted 06 June 2016 - 06:29 PM

Hi Pingue ,

You should ask support from E/I engineer or technician . I've attached documents to support your work.

Hope this helps

Breizh

#3 Pingue2008

Pingue2008

Gold Member

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 12:20 PM

Thank you.