Featured Articles

Check out the latest featured articles.

File Library

Check out the latest downloads available in the File Library.

New Article

Product Viscosity vs. Shear

Featured File

Vertical Tank Selection

New Blog Entry

Low Flow in Pipes- posted in Ankur's blog

Back Blending Of Product Assay Data To Feed Properties

refining aspen hysys distillation

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic
Share this topic:
| More

#1 KrNimesh

KrNimesh

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 02:13 PM

Dear All, I want to simulate one naphtha stabilizer distillation column. All I have is (heavy stream) product stream's TBP assay data, product sulfur and product density along with (light stream) column top light component's composition. in hysys V8.6 there is an option for back blending of product assay to calculate the feed data but when I am trying to input product assay, it is asking for minimum 3 cut points in heavy stream. I think I have to input atleast 3 hypothetical components in the heavy stream assay data but I don't know how to do it. I have defined light as well as hypothetical components in the component list. Can anyone help me in defining the back blending assay data in hysys properly. Thanks in advance.

#2 Nikolay_

Nikolay_

Gold Member

• Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 07:35 AM

Hello,

Follow this trick. 

Advise you to start new case, then:

- don't create Component list and go to Petroleum Assay Management;

- to simulate 3rd heavy stream use bottom stream;

- to determine 2nd, 3rd heavy stream divide bottom stream flow into two.

Component list and Basis will be created automatically. 

#3 colt16

colt16

Gold Member

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 08:13 AM

Dear All,

I want to simulate one naphtha stabilizer distillation column. All I have is (heavy stream) product stream's TBP assay data, product sulfur and product density along with (light stream) column top light component's composition. in hysys V8.6 there is an option for back blending of product assay to calculate the feed data but when I am trying to input product assay, it is asking for minimum 3 cut points in heavy stream. I think I have to input atleast 3 hypothetical components in the heavy stream assay data but I don't know how to do it. I have defined light as well as hypothetical components in the component list.

Can anyone help me in defining the back blending assay data in hysys properly. Thanks in advance.

You should be able to input the stream as a distillation curve and let HYSYS generate the hypothetical components based on the curve