Featured Articles

Check out the latest featured articles.

File Library

Check out the latest downloads available in the File Library.

New Article

Product Viscosity vs. Shear

Featured File

Vertical Tank Selection

New Blog Entry

Low Flow in Pipes- posted in Ankur's blog

Fortran Source Code For Bubble And Flash Points

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic
Share this topic:
| More

#1 Mohamed Selim

Mohamed Selim

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 11:22 AM

I want  fortran scripts to solve bubble point, and flash separation calculations Problems

can any one help?

Edited by Mohamed Selim, 06 April 2017 - 09:17 AM.

#2 Francisco Angel

Francisco Angel

Gold Member

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 04:02 PM

The question is too vague. It's different to write a few lines of code to solve a specific problem, or a code to solve general problems, where the parameters must be varied. Also, you do not indicate your background, do you know how to program in some language?
Best regards.

#3 Art Montemayor

Art Montemayor

Gold Member

• Admin
  • 5,780 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 10:50 PM

You are asking for a FORTRAN source code (probably for free).

A source code for Flash and Bubble Points is a rather common thing today.  However, these codes are the property of the persons who wrote or own them.  Your request (and need) can be resolved easily by you sitting down and writing your own source code.  If you are a proficient engineer or want to be one, you should be able to do this.  Of course I am presuming you know FORTRAN and how to write it.  If you don't, then you probably have no business having the source code because you can't decipher it to find out if it is written correctly.

#4 Mohamed Selim

Mohamed Selim

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 05:46 AM

The question is too vague. It's different to write a few lines of code to solve a specific problem, or a code to solve general problems, where the parameters must be varied. Also, you do not indicate your background, do you know how to program in some language?
Best regards.

I am still a student, I want to have a script for developing three or four components mixture flash calculation and bubble point calculations. using FORTRAN and i'm not familiar with this language.

and I am asking for a free of charge source to solve this problem of any three components mixture for ex. C1, C2, C3 mixture of natural gas system separation?

Can I get some help with this?

Edited by Mohamed Selim, 06 April 2017 - 05:56 AM.

#5 Francisco Angel

Francisco Angel

Gold Member

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 09:37 AM

I am still a student, I want to have a script for developing three or four components mixture flash calculation and bubble point calculations. using FORTRAN and i'm not familiar with this language.

and I am asking for a free of charge source to solve this problem of any three components mixture for ex. C1, C2, C3 mixture of natural gas system separation?

Can I get some help with this?

Dear Mohamed:

Check this example code for a bubble point calculation using the interval halving procedure, corresponding to problem 1 of this document:

https://www.academia...merical_Methods

The code is located here:

https://www.dropbox....kvsM2WAVxa?dl=0

under the name problem1.f90, remember that you must compile this code on your computer to make an executable. Certain users here don't encourage to hand students pieces of homework, as I had said before, I place the ball in the student field, so is up to you to check the validity of this code and use it properly.

Best regards.

Edited by Francisco Angel, 10 April 2017 - 09:38 AM.