Featured Articles

Check out the latest featured articles.

File Library

Check out the latest downloads available in the File Library.

New Article

Product Viscosity vs. Shear

Featured File

Vertical Tank Selection

New Blog Entry

Low Flow in Pipes- posted in Ankur's blog

Teg Contactor

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic
Share this topic:
| More

#1 DANA-IF

DANA-IF

Gold Member

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 01:38 PM

Dear all ;

I'm doing a HYSYS simulation of TEG contactor with three theoretical stages  ( specified by the client ).

The required water content of gas leaving the TEG contactor is 4 lb/MMSCFD  ( specified by the client ).

I'm wondering  please what should be the lean glycol flow rate ?

THANKS A LOT !

REGARDS !

#2 Art Montemayor

Art Montemayor

Gold Member

• Admin
  • 5,780 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 04:06 PM

Dana-F:

If you are really doing the simulated design package for a TEG natural gas dehydration unit, you should know that the water content in the regenerated, lean TEG entering the TEG contactor is the basic data requirement before you can simulate how many theoretical stages are required in the contactor.

So how can it be that you don’t even mention what regeneration process - there are various ones you can select and/or specify - you are planning to employ to allow you to produce the required 4.0 lb H2O/MMScf of gas product?  It is not possible for you to simulate the contactor without specifying the composition of the lean TEG entering the contactor.   Or are you assuming that the lean TEG will be 100% pure TEG?  Are we in agreement on this basic fact?  If so, then why is it that you don’t mention the regeneration process that will yield the lean TEG composition suitable for producing the stated product gas?

This information is so basic, that it makes me wonder what some engineers are doing by simulating a process when they fail to recognize and identify the basic data requirements even before they turn their computers on.  I think you will agree that you must state the composition of the lean TEG BEFORE going into the exercise of calculating the required flow rate.

The bottom line here is that there is a basis for doubting whether you know the TEG process well enough to attempt to simulate it.  Please put my skepticism to rest by explaining why you don’t give our members all the necessary basic data.

#3 DANA-IF

DANA-IF

Gold Member

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 12:44 AM

Dear  Art Montemayor:

The TEG concentration  is 99.0 mass%.

INLET GAS PROPERTIES :

T=35.94°C

P=53.062 barg

molecular weight =20.55

STD GAS FLOW = 5.26 mmscfd 

#4 ADITYA.DUBEY

ADITYA.DUBEY

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 01:31 PM

Dana

We need some more info -
Inlet water content - ?? lb/mmscfd
Safe Margin in flow rate - ?? %

Also let me know if you want just answer or calculation steps too...
By the way,there are many topics available on the same in this Forum...
Excellent process explanations and Calculation steps too are provided starting from basics by Art, Breizh and Ankur sir...

Regards
Aditya

Edited by Art Montemayor, 20 May 2017 - 04:21 PM.