Featured Articles

Check out the latest featured articles.

File Library

Check out the latest downloads available in the File Library.

New Article

Product Viscosity vs. Shear

Featured File

Vertical Tank Selection

New Blog Entry

Low Flow in Pipes- posted in Ankur's blog

Gas Measurement In Plunger Lift Oil-Gas Wells

gas measurement plunger lift chart recorder

3 replies to this topic
Share this topic:
| More

#1 hugo92

hugo92

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 07:47 PM

Dear All,

Thank you very much! Any help will be appreciated.

Our Oil Company have two Oil -gas wells in production with Plunger Lift System in a petroleum Field. The Cycles are:

- Well 1: 10 Min Closed, 7 Min Open. The pneumatic valve opens when the pressure in the annulus reaches 180 psi. (Oil production: 20 BPD, Approx Gas Flow Production: 28000 SCFD)

- Well 2: 45 Min Closed, 4,5 Min Open. The pneumatic valve opens when the pressure in the annulus reaches 215 psi. (Oil production: 35 BPD, Approx Gas Flow Production: 35000 SCFD)

We still use an old gas metering station at the  gas outlet from the separator (1 for each well). A meter tube with a Camco Orifice Fitting, a Barton Chart Recorder and a Kimray regulator valve. 

I have been searching for a different way to measure the gas flow in this intermitent wells, I found one topic which recommends a Rosemount 4048 Multivariable Transmitter. But unfortunatly our little Battery does not have automation.

As you can anticipate, the chart recorder records too much spikes, and differential pressure is almost impossible too calculate (Even with a planimeter I guess), and we really need a gas flow measurement, even if it is too small. Please, could you help me with any idea? I am looking for some new adquisition, maybe a different recorder, because, we still calculate gas with Static, differential and temperature. 

Attached a photograph of the letter of the well 2.

Thanks!

Hugo

Attached Files

#2 Bobby Strain

Bobby Strain

Gold Member

• Members
  • 3,528 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 09:52 PM

You should talk to vendors of coriolis meters. You can find suppliers and information on the web.

Bobby

#3 breizh

breizh

Gold Member

• Admin
  • 6,292 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 10:13 PM

https://www.endress....ine-Promass-83F

You may discuss with this vendor E&S following Bobby's suggestion .

Hope this is helping you .

Breizh

#4 hugo92

hugo92

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 08:21 PM

Thank you very much Bobby and Breizh,

I was reading and watching some videos about this meter. Maybe only a vendor can answer me some specific questions. For example, I'd like to know if the coriolis meter can show a 24 hrs. accumulate volume (In cubic feets). As differential pressure shows me a non constant gas volume flow through the orifice fitting. I presume I'll observe similar behavior in the mass flow meter.

Additionally, the state-owned company normally performs its own comparison using calculation variables from an orifice meter. Therefore, I will discuss that with the field Inspector.

Hugo