Featured Articles

Check out the latest featured articles.

File Library

Check out the latest downloads available in the File Library.

New Article

Product Viscosity vs. Shear

Featured File

Vertical Tank Selection

New Blog Entry

Low Flow in Pipes- posted in Ankur's blog

Tbp Results Interpretation

2 replies to this topic
Share this topic:
| More

#1 titim

titim

Gold Member

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 13 June 2017 - 09:38 AM

Hi everyone, i have some questions about TBP, we have analyse our crude by TBP methode, i would ask what can i get from this analyse, how can i compare this results with thosecomming from products analyse (ASTM of products from CDU).
GAP: how can i interpret GAP (or Overlap) from TBP, and are there a limite in it ( max or min between 95%-5%.
thank you alot. 

Edited by titim, 14 June 2017 - 02:59 AM.

#2 Nikolay_

Nikolay_

Gold Member

• Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 09:34 AM

Hello,
Use search. The thread name is Gap Between Fbp Of Top Stream And Ibp Of B...

#3 rdcrags

rdcrags

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 08:00 PM

If you run a TBP on each product from an existing atmospheric column and plotted them together, you should see no gaps or overlaps. TBPs are not used for that purpose. Rather, the whole crude TBP is used to estimate the yields from a distillation column. If you run ASTM distillations on each product from an existing atmospheric column and plotted them, you would see gaps and overlaps. 5% and 95% point gaps and overlaps are used for best repeatability. Process designers have their favorite set of gaps and overlaps for design, based on economic optimization studies. Then, an optimized set of theoretical trays and internal reflux is used to meet those gaps and overlaps.