Featured Articles

Check out the latest featured articles.

File Library

Check out the latest downloads available in the File Library.

New Article

Product Viscosity vs. Shear

Featured File

Vertical Tank Selection

New Blog Entry

Low Flow in Pipes- posted in Ankur's blog

Steam Jet Ejector

3 replies to this topic
Share this topic:
| More

#1 CHEMSTRONG

CHEMSTRONG

Gold Member

• Members
  • 348 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 09:31 AM

I have multi stage 3 stage Steam Jet Ejector System for Vacuum Tower. I want to know if first stage inlet temp is around 95 deg C then what should be first stage condenser outlet temp and similarly other stages outlet temps .. Please help me. Also tell me is there any ratio of steam to vapor to be maintained for efficient ejector operation..

Regds,
Chetan

#2 Padmakar Katre

Padmakar Katre

Gold Member

• ChE Plus Subscriber
  • 992 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 11:38 PM

I have multi stage 3 stage Steam Jet Ejector System for Vacuum Tower. I want to know if first stage inlet temp is around 95 deg C then what should be first stage condenser outlet temp and similarly other stages outlet temps .. Please help me. Also tell me is there any ratio of steam to vapor to be maintained for efficient ejector operation..

Regds,
Chetan

Just Google with keyword as "steam jet ejector" and you will find plenty of information in the form of articles and guides etc. Understand the subject before you post a question as your question is not clear and seems quite generic in nature to which answering is little difficult.

#3 Saml

Saml

Gold Member

• Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 07:35 PM

You should cool down as much as you can to condense steam and reduce the load to the higher pressure stages.

Can be spray condensing or indirect condensing.

Heat exchanger area, pressure drop and steam cost economics will dictate the temperature approach and size of the heat exchanging equipment.

#4 Zauberberg

Zauberberg

Gold Member

• ChE Plus Subscriber
  • 2,727 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 02:07 PM

Get ejector load curves from the supplier.