Featured Articles

Check out the latest featured articles.

File Library

Check out the latest downloads available in the File Library.

New Article

Product Viscosity vs. Shear

Featured File

Vertical Tank Selection

New Blog Entry

Low Flow in Pipes- posted in Ankur's blog

Adsorption Of Diesel Oil Using Activated Carbon Calamansi Was

chemisoption physisorption proximate and ultimate anal. chemical engineering oil adsorption thermal isotherms langmuir and freundlich student help

No replies to this topic
Share this topic:
| More

#1 Gambose15

Gambose15

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 05:29 AM

I beseech your help!

Hi, everyone! I'm from PH. Currently, I am in Grade 12 and I effin don't know that much about ChemEng. Note: Please forgive my ignorance. I'm willing to learn, but the journal articles aren't so comprehendible thooo.
How are the proximate and ultimate analysis done? Can it be done manually (i.e. without fancy equipment like SEM, AAS)? I've read that CHNS-O elemental analyser is needed, and somehow it is related to SEM. So, is CHNS-O an additional function of SEM? But what does SEM really do? All I know is that is gets the pore size and surface morphology. But how can I interpret those things from an image? And can someone please tell me clearly what does things are? Also, how do you mount a piece of sample for SEM? Does it really require aluminum? For you, what's the best equipment to use? (Budget please.) About the ash or activated carbon, does activating it thermally and chemically significantly affect the composition or the adsorbtive capacity of the material? Also, does different ashes harbor significantly different elemental compositions? And most important of all, the adsorptive isotherms. HUHUUHHU. Freundlich and Langmuir. All I know that one is theoretical while the other empirical. They can be expressed in logarithmic and linear scales. But what do all of these really mean? And is there really a separate formula for adsorption of oil, aside from the mentioned isotherms? Can anyone provide a video or picture of how gradually activated carbon can seep the oil + explanations?

HUGE THANKS HEREEE! Resources: http://www.apjmr.com...15-3.5.2.20.pdfhttps://www.hindawi....017/6478389/#B2