Featured Articles

Check out the latest featured articles.

File Library

Check out the latest downloads available in the File Library.

New Article

Product Viscosity vs. Shear

Featured File

Vertical Tank Selection

New Blog Entry

Low Flow in Pipes- posted in Ankur's blog

Chemical Process Flow Diagrams & Steady-State Simulation From With

simulation excel mass and energy balances process flow diagrams chemical process simulation

4 replies to this topic
Share this topic:
| More

#1 ChemE911

ChemE911

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 April 2018 - 08:04 PM

Anybody know of any good Excel-based programs for drawing process flowsheets and performing steady-state mass and energy balances all within Excel?  I found this free demo that handles up to 15 streams which looks kinda cool.

http://www.iengineer.systems

What other programs allow you to design process flow diagrams and perform steady-state balances with recycle from within Excel?

Thanks,

ChemE

Edited by ChemE911, 05 April 2018 - 07:52 PM.

#2 serra

serra

Gold Member

• Members
  • 310 posts

Posted 05 April 2018 - 01:39 AM

for mass and energy balances with Excel / Matlab / Mathcad / NET / Python etc. I use Prode Properties

http://www.prode.com/en/properties.htm

my experience is limited to problems with 30-50 streams but you can add up to 500 and more,
Prode can include solvers for complex networks but probably there are specific tools more suitable for those tasks (see below),

you may also consider a std. process simulator (almost all simulators allow export / import to / from Excel),

finally, in Excel you can include templates etc. to draw PFDs but I found these a bit limited compared with std. graphical libraries.

#3 ChemE911

ChemE911

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 April 2018 - 07:55 PM

Thanks Serra,

I will checkout Prode Properties.

I am looking at CoolProp also.  I work with mostly 2 or 3 liquid components, suspended solids and steam/condensate

#4 jayeshgroup

jayeshgroup

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 April 2018 - 04:50 AM

Jayegh Group is engaged in Manufacturer of Ferro Alloy Powders, Trading, Imports & Exports of Ferro Alloys, Metals, Minerals & Chemicals, Nodularizer & Inoculants and Steel Strips. These merchandise are used as raw substances for various industries which include Welding Electrode, Flux Cored Wire, Wear Plates, Powder Metallurgy, Hard Metal, Diamond Tools, Special Alloys, Aerospace, Colour Ceramics, Foundries and Steel Plants.
We also offer,
- High Carbon Silico Manganese
- Medium Carbon Silico Manganese
- Low Carbon Silico Manganese
For More details: http://www.jayeshgro...on.aspx   :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

#5 FRBChemE

FRBChemE

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 23 October 2018 - 05:59 PM

Try out COCO and Chem Sep.  Both are free and found on the web.  COCO is the Cape Open Cape Open Standard interface for COFE a flow sheeting interface.

I would also recommend DWSIM found at Forge Source on the web.  It is now up to version 5.4 update 1 on 10/23/2018.  It keeps improving all the time.  

Chem Sep has a rate module but it is not for free.  If you are attached to a college or university you can probably get access to it for FREE.