Featured Articles

Check out the latest featured articles.

File Library

Check out the latest downloads available in the File Library.

New Article

Product Viscosity vs. Shear

Featured File

Vertical Tank Selection

New Blog Entry

Low Flow in Pipes- posted in Ankur's blog

A Little Query About The Website Picture Attachment

1 reply to this topic
Share this topic:
| More

#1 Blank03

Blank03

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 16 June 2018 - 06:45 AM

Good day ladies and gentlemen. 
I just need some help in regards with how things goes here.
So here is my recent post:

https://www.cheresou...amics-question/

as well as the reply by our sir Admin. 
I apologize if you see it as if I haven't done my solution, but I had put my solution here, the handwritten one.
the first picture on the other hand is the question and a solution as well, but the solution is really GENERAL and is not really detailed. so as a simple practice, but with guidance, i tried solving the minute details. 

please let me know if the problem raised by Sir Admin is about my calculation itself, or the fact that you cant see the picture I have posted. PLEASE HELP ME. I NEVER REALLY DONE SUCH THING AS BEING SO DEPENDENT OVER SOLUTIONS OF OTHERS.
ever since, I WORK ALONE. AS YOU CAN SEE, IF I AM REALLY DEPENDENT ON OTHERS, WHY WOULD I ASK HERE WHEN I CAN ASK SOMEONE AND COPY HIS/HER SOLUTION. 
I just feel this disappointment over myself.

I feel humiliated. 

if my solution is actually like that, then I APOLOGIZE FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART.

but let me give you the assurance that I SOLVE IT ON MY OWN, as a matter of fact, my solution is entirely wrong, because I am getting a different answer. 

I APOLOGIZE for everything. I AM SORRY.

#2 Pilesar

Pilesar

Gold Member

• Members
  • 1,376 posts

Posted 16 June 2018 - 08:10 AM

It is good to seek input from the experience and expertise of others. Giving and receiving advice is part of an engineer's function. Seek advice, but use your own common sense. Never take any advice offered without subjecting it to critical analysis. Assume that others who give you advice mean well, but we are all human. We each have our flaws and limited perspectives. Just because you tell someone something does not mean that they hear it. Just because you show someone something does not mean that they see it.
  As an engineer, I have struggled with the tendency to blame myself if my projects do not work as expected. If the plant equipment or process I designed has trouble on startup, I have to tell myself 'do not accept blame for this. This is a problem that needs to be solved objectively. The company wants a solution, not someone to blame.' Most of the time the problem was not 'I missed something in the calculations' but turned out to be 'the installation was flawed' or 'operations did not set the valve openings correctly.' When I have discovered a mistake I made, I try not to rush to announce it because even if a mistake is found, it may not be the sole cause of the problem. It is the solution that matters.
  If an engineer has never made a mistake, he does not have any experience, for you cannot get the experience without making mistakes!