Featured Articles

Check out the latest featured articles.

File Library

Check out the latest downloads available in the File Library.

New Article

Product Viscosity vs. Shear

Featured File

Vertical Tank Selection

New Blog Entry

Low Flow in Pipes- posted in Ankur's blog

Air Flow Pattern

dehumidifierpattern flow duct ducting

2 replies to this topic
Share this topic:
| More

#1 Madalin Ceausescu

Madalin Ceausescu

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 June 2018 - 02:23 AM

Hello everyone,

We have a pipe through which humid air is flowing 
We want to dehumify this in a dehumifier. This equipment has a higher inlet area for air 

We have small space and we build this double 90 degree ducting to connect the pipe and the dehumidier (see link with picture). We didn't install anything yet. I am concerned now that the air will not flow through the entire inlet area of the dehumidifier and the perfromance will drop considerably.

Will the air flow like in the left side (A) or the right side ( B)? Are there any modifications that can be made to make it flow more like ( B)?

https://ibb.co/hb1gXJ

Thank you.

Regards,

Madalin

#2 PingPong

PingPong

Gold Member

• Members
  • 1,446 posts

Posted 04 July 2018 - 05:47 AM

How air will distrubute over the inlet of the dehumidifier will depend on the pressure drop of the dehumidifier.

If you are concerned you could use socalled vaned elbows, like for example in these sketches:

Attached File  vaned elbow 1.jpg   7.63KB   1 downloads

Attached File  vaned elbow 2.jpg   15.67KB   0 downloads

#3 Madalin Ceausescu

Madalin Ceausescu

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 November 2018 - 08:50 AM

Hello,

I return with this issue. I have in the lab the following situation as presented in the picture below. I want to evaporate toluene and condensate it. Because the solvent is at boiling point, I assume that when the mixture air/solvent enters the heat-exchanger than the air is saturated in toluene.

However, I see that nothing is condensed. 

On the other hand, if I put water instead of toluene than it condensates. I was expecting that toluene to condensate easier since it has a higher boiling point than water.

Could anyone kindly have a look at what could be the issue? Thank you.

sch1