Featured Articles

Check out the latest featured articles.

File Library

Check out the latest downloads available in the File Library.

New Article

Product Viscosity vs. Shear

Featured File

Vertical Tank Selection

New Blog Entry

Low Flow in Pipes- posted in Ankur's blog

Spray Nozzle Scrubber Design

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic
Share this topic:
| More

#1 Frank

Frank

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 12:05 PM

I have been challenged to design a system to remove gas from vapor hydrocarbon using water wash similar to the crude unit overhead system. I am new to this area and had no previous knowledge on desing of scrubbers or spray nozzle. The idea I have is to treat the piping that carries the vapr as a scrubber and design the spray nozzle to improve the efficeincy of the gas removal.

I will appreciate any ideas, references or help in this issue.

Regards

Frank

#2 Frans

Frans

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 12:20 AM

Frank

You might want to run a HYSYS or VMG simulation (or on any other simulator) and determine the degree of hydrocarbon removal from the vapour stream. This will predict the hydrocarbon concentration in the vapour stream downstream of the scrubber.

One configuration for a scrubber system, is to spray the vapour, collect the scrubbing liquid in a tank and then recycling the scrubbing liquid until it is saturated, where upon you replace the liquid or strip the hydrocabons from the scrubbing liquid.

Running the simulation with various options will help you in determining which configuration is the best suited to your conditions.

Hope this helps
Francois