Featured Articles

Check out the latest featured articles.

File Library

Check out the latest downloads available in the File Library.

New Article

Product Viscosity vs. Shear

Featured File

Vertical Tank Selection

New Blog Entry

Low Flow in Pipes- posted in Ankur's blog

Hysys Column Environment

hysys column environment amine regeneration unit

2 replies to this topic
Share this topic:
| More

#1 Yoonhwa

Yoonhwa

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 October 2018 - 12:37 AM

Hello, everyone.

I simulated amine regeneration unit by using HYSYS V10. There is a problem in simulation result. Lean amine from amine regenerator bottom is two phase. So I entered  column environment and confirm same stream (lean amine from amine regenerator) is single liquid phase. And I configure lean amine temperature in column environment is different from parent environment.

Please refer to attached screen shot.

Is it possible to different temperature for same stream? And column bottom is possible to two phase?

Please advice me for this results.

Attached Files

#2 Technical Bard

Technical Bard

Gold Member

• ChE Plus Subscriber
  • 407 posts

Posted 31 October 2018 - 07:46 AM

Did you enter tray efficiencies?  If you did, then you will get a non-equilibrium fluid leaving the tower.   What thermodynamic package are you using?  Did you change thermo models from the column block to the outside flowsheet?  All of these things can result in a slight two-phase stream prediction.

#3 gegio1960

gegio1960

Gold Member

• Members
  • 517 posts

Posted 31 October 2018 - 08:58 AM

I share Technical Bard advices.

Moreover, in the Column operation tabs, there is an option to be checked for avoiding this trouble if generated by the different thermo models. It practically recalculates temperature, enthalpy and composition in order to obtain only one phase.

good luck!