Featured Articles

Check out the latest featured articles.

File Library

Check out the latest downloads available in the File Library.

New Article

Product Viscosity vs. Shear

Featured File

Vertical Tank Selection

New Blog Entry

Low Flow in Pipes- posted in Ankur's blog

Thermodynamic Properties Calculation Of Hydrocarbons With Out Using Si

thermodynamic property calcn

4 replies to this topic
Share this topic:
| More

#1 Bitan729

Bitan729

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 14 September 2019 - 12:18 AM

Hello everyone,

As you all know in popular Process simulation software like Hysys, unisim, promax etc  by only providing composition, temperature, pressure one can get a lot of information of a stream like vapor fraction,molar enthalpy,entropy,density,heat capacity,Cp/Cv, Z factor,Watson K, heat of vaporization,kinematic viscosity etc accurately with the help of property package. 

I want to know if there are any practical references,books are available through which we can calculate those property manually( like in excel) accurately? I know there are lot of thermodynamic books are available but they good only for academic. I would like to have practical references from which I can calculate or understand how to calculate above mentioned properties accurately for real life conditions. My area of work are hydrocarbon /petrochemical plants, to some extent air separation plant. 

Presently I am trying to calculate above mentioned properties with Ping Robinson,SRK equation of state for hydrocarbon streams, for my own interest. 

Suggestion for any book, documents or other references(can be premium documents)  would be highly appreciable. Please note that I don't have much access to simulation software, because I am from plant operation side,not from design side.

If the similar question was already asked in the forum and I am repeating the same,then for that I am truly sorry. 

With Regards,

Bitan729

:)  :)  :)

#2 shshnk8866

shshnk8866

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 September 2019 - 06:00 AM

Hi,

Yes you can check the " Dennis Kirk" webpage, they developed the excel for calculation of Gas Analysis based on GPSA.

I am attaching the file for quick reference.

#3 Nikolay_

Nikolay_

Gold Member

• Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 29 September 2019 - 09:12 PM

Hello,

Get a copy Aspen_HYSYS_Properties_and_Methods_Technical_Reference.

Also, there are excel examples of PR EOS on https://cheguide.com/content.html.

#4 breizh

breizh

Gold Member

• Admin
  • 6,292 posts

Posted 29 September 2019 - 10:30 PM

hi ,

To add to Nikolai's reply .

Note : Don't duplicate the same post.

Good luck

Breizh

#5 gegio1960

gegio1960

Gold Member

• Members
  • 517 posts

Posted 30 September 2019 - 02:29 AM

hi bitan.

i started to work in this field before the process simulators, when the computers were very big machines and blocks of punched cards were used for the input.

then i have had the opportunity to work with almost all the process simulators but, in parallel, continued to perform "hand calculations".

based on that, i suggest 4 books:

- gpsa engineering data book

- api data book

- maxwell - data book on hydrocarbons

- reid, sherwood - the properties of gases and liquids

good luck!