Featured Articles

Check out the latest featured articles.

File Library

Check out the latest downloads available in the File Library.

New Article

Product Viscosity vs. Shear

Featured File

Vertical Tank Selection

New Blog Entry

Low Flow in Pipes- posted in Ankur's blog

Prilling Tower Revision & Design

ammonia nitrate low-density ammonium nitrate urea calsium ammonium nitrate

3 replies to this topic
Share this topic:
| More

#1 fenessinen

fenessinen

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 July 2021 - 07:33 AM

Dear All;

As you can see in the title, I have to submit my homework under two different subtitles for my year-end project.
first of all, it is about how to overhaul an existing tower;
the second is about how to design a prilling tower from scratch.
As a result of my previous research, I could not provide enough information from the theses I found.
I'm open to any suggestions, hope you can help.

#2 breizh

breizh

Gold Member

• Admin
  • 6,292 posts

Posted 12 July 2021 - 11:08 PM

Hi ,

Did you try your favorite search engine as I did ? keys words  Prilling  tower design

https://qdoc.tips/ur...n-pdf-free.html

notes :

you may need to contact companies mentioned in the link to support your work. Check also for GEA Niro. 

you may find pointers in Perry's Chemical engineering handbook

Good luck

Breizh 

#3 fenessinen

fenessinen

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 July 2021 - 01:50 AM

Thank you for your respond  Sir, I searched every  ''prill tower design'' page in everybodys favorite search engine. Result were not satisfactory. I need more spesific details about designing parameters for prilling tower. The reason I wrote here was to exchange ideas with someone who had worked on the prilling tower before. 

I'm going to check perry's hand book and ı will try to contact with companies. appreciated for your help.

#4 Pilesar

Pilesar

Gold Member

• Members
  • 1,347 posts

Posted 13 July 2021 - 06:42 AM

You seem to be looking for a step-by-step recipe book for prilling tower design. I would be surprised if you found that. This assignment is pretty good for a student since engineering is not copy and paste. Determine the parameters of the process -- what is the feedstock? What is the desired product? Calculate the heat and material balance using first principles thermodynamics. Fluid flow and heat transfer will be important. The final design is up to the designer! Part of the fun of chemical engineering is the expression of art within the boundaries of science and economics and safety. As far as I know, there is no 'standard prilling tower' that you would be expected to discover in your research.