Featured Articles

Check out the latest featured articles.

File Library

Check out the latest downloads available in the File Library.

New Article

Product Viscosity vs. Shear

Featured File

Vertical Tank Selection

New Blog Entry

Low Flow in Pipes- posted in Ankur's blog

Help! Translate Technical English To Normal English

2 replies to this topic
Share this topic:
| More

#1 anara8

anara8

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 November 2021 - 01:00 PM

Hello everyone !

I am not an engineer. I am a translator, and I need assistance in converting the technical language to normal English! anybody?! please!!!

Below bold and underlined is what I am having problems to translate. 

If anybody can help putting these to a normal english you will make really good karma  :)  :)  :)  

I would be very very very grateful !!!

First hydrogen compressors equipped with new reinforced impeller in service after TAD with good performance.

On 19/5, damage of membranes on electrolyzers E/F due to overpressure of H2/Cl2 during decommissioning of electrolyzers, as non-respect of the operational procedure; affected elements were replaced by others equipped with old membranes.

Stop of electrolysis on 30/6 (45h) for replacement of the chlorine dry filter; the cause of clogging was not enough flow of water in the flushing of the wet filter (the injector orifice was adjusted).

#2 jayari

jayari

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 17 November 2021 - 01:44 PM

E/F - based on context I would guess these are the unit names for the electrolyzers.

H2/Cl2 - refers to hydrogen and chlorine gas by their atomic nomenclature

on 30/6 (45h) - this is pure speculation on my part but I think it means on the 30th of June after 45 hours of accumulated run time

You should really try to find the source material author or a related colleague since technical information from what seems like a troubleshooting log could be fairly idiosyncratic. 

#3 anara8

anara8

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 November 2021 - 12:58 AM

jayari

thank you sooooooooooooooooo much ! I really appreciate a lot!!! 

thank you!!!!!!