Featured Articles

Check out the latest featured articles.

File Library

Check out the latest downloads available in the File Library.

New Article

Product Viscosity vs. Shear

Featured File

Vertical Tank Selection

New Blog Entry

Low Flow in Pipes- posted in Ankur's blog

Installed Cost Of A Psa Unit

4 replies to this topic
Share this topic:
| More

#1 daraj

daraj

Gold Member

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 20 December 2021 - 08:31 AM

Hi,

I ma trying to find conceptual cost estimate of a PSA unit delivered as a package , making high [purity hydrogen. Let us say it has 10 or 12 beds, making h2 from reformer shifted syngas. the vendor as mentioned that freight on board(FOB) cost may be close to 5 million. I am wondering what factor can i use to arrive at installed cost for such an item in a US gulf coast location. factor of3 or even higher?

#2 latexman

latexman

Gold Member

• Admin
  • 1,680 posts

Posted 20 December 2021 - 10:11 AM

It depends. How autonomous will the package be? Will it come assembled in its own structural support, with instruments, and controls, such that the raw materials are piped up and electrical is supplied and it’s ready to run? Or does it come in many pieces and needs assembly with little or no instruments or controls?

#3 daraj

daraj

Gold Member

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 22 December 2021 - 01:58 AM

latexman, assume it is shipped as loose equipment and  to be assembled at the site. then?

#4 latexman

latexman

Gold Member

• Admin
  • 1,680 posts

Posted 22 December 2021 - 09:10 AM

I am thinking 4-ish, but I would look at Guthrie's methods and pick the most pertinent module factor.  They first appearred in Jan. 13 and March 24, 1969 issues of Chemical Engineering, but they are in many reference books too, like William D. Baasel's Preliminary Chemical Engineering Plant Design.

#5 daraj

daraj

Gold Member

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 24 December 2021 - 12:25 AM

ok thanks