Jump to content



Featured Articles

Check out the latest featured articles.

File Library

Check out the latest downloads available in the File Library.

New Article

Product Viscosity vs. Shear

Featured File

Vertical Tank Selection

New Blog Entry

Low Flow in Pipes- posted in Ankur's blog

2

Psa H2 Recovery

psa h2 h2recovery

2 replies to this topic
Share this topic:
| More

#1 Geetanjali

Geetanjali

    Junior Member

  • Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 18 November 2022 - 03:56 PM

Hello everyone,

 

I am recovering Hydrogen from a mixture of gases (mostly light alkanes C1-C4) using a PSA unit. Based on literature reports, I recover 85% H2 and the rest 15% goes with the C1-C4 gases, which are eventually combusted to make steam and finally electricity. 

 

My concern is that the 15% H2 is still significant from the environmental perspective. It shows huge life cycle impacts. My question is :  Is there a way I can recover the remaining 15% H2? May be using 2 PSA units-in series? 

 

Any guidance will be highly useful for me.

 

Thanks,

Geetanjali


Edited by Geetanjali, 18 November 2022 - 04:04 PM.


#2 breizh

breizh

    Gold Member

  • Admin
  • 5,633 posts

Posted 19 November 2022 - 12:12 AM

Hi,

We understand about the % recovery but what about the quantity at stakes? (kg/h)

 

note : One PSA unit = 2 beds ( 1 in service ,1 in regeneration)

 

Breizh

Attached Files



#3 Geetanjali

Geetanjali

    Junior Member

  • Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 20 November 2022 - 05:59 PM

Thank you Breizh!

 

This was a good read and quite helpful. I ended up utilizing a combined PSA and adsorbent material separation (hybrid approach) to further improve the H2 recovery. I followed the attached patent.

 

 

 

Thanks

Geetanjali

Attached Files






Similar Topics