Featured Articles

Check out the latest featured articles.

File Library

Check out the latest downloads available in the File Library.

New Article

Product Viscosity vs. Shear

Featured File

Vertical Tank Selection

New Blog Entry

Low Flow in Pipes- posted in Ankur's blog

- - - - -

Heat Loss Of Direct Steam Injection In A Vessel

steam heatloss direct injection

3 replies to this topic
Share this topic:
| More

#1 jess1203

jess1203

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 February 2023 - 10:36 AM

I'm not sure how to calculate the heat loss that could occur from 3KG steam directly injected to a vessel(3m3) compared to 1KF steam directly injected to the same vessel. From direct injection, not every steam can be condensed into a warm water as I know. And I don't know how to calculate the possible heat loss. Plus, higher steam pressure has less efficient heat transfer as I learned.. Still don't know if this could be part of the answers to my question.. It'll be a great help if anyone could give me any idea with formula or explanation..

#2 latexman

latexman

Gold Member

• Admin
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 23 February 2023 - 12:41 PM

What is 1KF of steam?  We need more details.  What are the conditions of the steam (pressure, temperature, quality) and the vessel?  Is the vessel empty?  Vessel initial temperature and pressure?  I assume "3KG" steam means 3,000 grams of steam is injected into the vessel, right?

#3 jess1203

jess1203

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 February 2023 - 07:15 PM

Sorry for the confusion. 3kg/cm2 was the original steam pressure, and 1kg/cm2 is the current steam pressure. The direct steam injection is to heat up water in a water tank to 90 Celcius. The water vessel/tank is always full until the overflow line of the tank. Usually, the water within the vessel is around 90 Celcius as the steam keeps being injected to the tank whenever the water temperature decreases.

#4 breizh

breizh

Gold Member

• Admin
  • 6,292 posts

Posted 24 February 2023 - 12:11 AM

Hi,

Probably good to have look at a steam table. You should recover the latent heat + cp* T) to reach 90 C during steam direct injection.

You need to perform a mass and heat balance for your 2 cases.

Good luck

Breizh 

Reply to this topic