Featured Articles

Check out the latest featured articles.

File Library

Check out the latest downloads available in the File Library.

New Article

Product Viscosity vs. Shear

Featured File

Vertical Tank Selection

New Blog Entry

Low Flow in Pipes- posted in Ankur's blog

Aspen Hysys Rankine Cycle Problem

aspen rankine cycle orc heat hysys

5 replies to this topic
Share this topic:
| More

#1 ELLEPI

ELLEPI

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 April 2023 - 12:28 PM

I've got a problem trying to simulate an Organic Rankine Cycle. I've defined all the elements in the circuit: 3 exchangers (evaporator, recuperator, condenser) with EDR and i've used the curves to define expander and pump. I've given the parameter for the water inlet in the evaporator and in the condenser, and i've defined a point in the cycle, but it's like Aspen doesn't recognize a unique cycle and divide it in two parts one with expander, evapoator and recuperator and one with recuperator condenser and pump. Someone knows how to solve it?

#2 latexman

latexman

Gold Member

• Admin
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 17 April 2023 - 12:45 PM

I do not run Hysys, but I would expect those here that do would want to see what you are doing/talking about.  Can you attach your file?

#3 ELLEPI

ELLEPI

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 April 2023 - 04:06 AM

Here the link to the simulation:

https://drive.google...?usp=share_link

#4 Pilesar

Pilesar

Gold Member

• Members
  • 1,382 posts

Posted 21 April 2023 - 09:27 AM

I don't do Hysys so did not look at your sim. In general when simulating steady state, you want to keep an open loop if possible. As long as the tail matches the head of the open loop, you can claim a moral victory and assume closure in your mind. You may also have the option of specifying the solver sequence or stepping through the calc blocks one at a time sequentially just like the solver would. The solver makes its best guess, but cannot read the model builder's intention and may require extra directions. The software vendor tech support can help if you need it.

#5 SilverShaded

SilverShaded

Gold Member

• Members
  • 237 posts

Posted 24 April 2023 - 03:43 AM

You havent fully defined everything.  To make it simpler i would start with simple heat exchnagers.  Switch to EDR when everything else is working.

#6 Nithish R

Nithish R

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 May 2023 - 10:06 AM

Learning Aspen hysys