Featured Articles

Check out the latest featured articles.

File Library

Check out the latest downloads available in the File Library.

New Article

Product Viscosity vs. Shear

Featured File

Vertical Tank Selection

New Blog Entry

Low Flow in Pipes- posted in Ankur's blog

P & Id Guidelines

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic
Share this topic:
| More

#1 gunjan

gunjan

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 09:14 AM

Hello mates...

I am working for one refinery based in India. Presently me given a responsibility for checking P & ID's. But I am novice to this field. Eventhough I manage to some extent. As such we dont have any specific well formulated check list for checking P&ID.If anybody can please help me out by giving some useful documents related to P & ID guidelines and thumb rules. Is there any specific documents available in any Recommended practices by API or any other standards for P & ID development? I wanna information like where to provide minimum length of pipe, where to provide drain,vent, utility connection, NRV, Shutt off valve, PSV,isolation valve,etc. I think I made myself clear for this question.
I am really glad and grateful to view the posts and discussion done in this forum and its really useful.
Thanking you all in anticipation. smile.gif

#2 palusa

palusa

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 12:05 PM

gunjan

i'm not sure if for 'checking P&IDs' you mean checking completeness or correctness of information included.

In the former case you could find some general info on P&Id contents either in Perry's "Chemical Engineer's Handbook" or in E. Ludwig's "Applied Process Design For Chemical Engineers".

In the latter, it's more a question of Process Design rather than P&ID checking...
As a very starting point I could suggest you this link (NORSOK Std)
http://www.standard....aker.exe?id=541

Hope this could help you.

_Lf_