Featured Articles

Check out the latest featured articles.

File Library

Check out the latest downloads available in the File Library.

New Article

Product Viscosity vs. Shear

Featured File

Vertical Tank Selection

New Blog Entry

Low Flow in Pipes- posted in Ankur's blog

Scrubber Design

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic
Share this topic:
| More

#1 Mandar

Mandar

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 February 2007 - 02:05 AM

Hi I want the exact procedure of designing of any type of scrubber (diameter, ht, pressure drop) Can anyone will guide me.

#2 clarenceyue

clarenceyue

Veteran Member

• ChE Plus Subscriber
  • 46 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 07:10 PM

QUOTE (Mandar @ Feb 14 2007, 03:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi I want the exact procedure of designing of any type of scrubber (diameter, ht, pressure drop) Can anyone will guide me.

You are not helping yourself by not providing any details that you need help for. If you provide, then maybe we could all help you.

#3 djack77494

djack77494

Gold Member

• ChE Plus Subscriber
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 10:56 AM

QUOTE (Mandar @ Feb 13 2007, 10:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That type of information is best found in a textbook. A forum like this can only provide a very limited amount of information relevant to a specific problem. Not a good match.

#4 ankur2061

ankur2061

Gold Member

• Forum Moderator
  • 2,484 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 03:26 AM

QUOTE (Mandar @ Feb 14 2007, 03:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Mandar,

You can check out the downloadable free spreadsheet for packed scrubber design at the following link.
It is fairly good and available at our very own 'Cheresources'.

http://www.cheresour.../software.shtml

Regards,
Ankur.

#5 Padmakar Katre

Padmakar Katre

Gold Member

• ChE Plus Subscriber
  • 992 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 08:10 AM

Dear,
If you really want to learn the design the scrubber/packed column (infact any equipment) just go through any good book available for mass transfer equipment design book which will help you to understand the basic things which are considered while designing the scrubber/packed tower.

To Ankur,
I hope you got the contact details of Mr. Siddhrtha Mukerjee and you are ready with the spreadsheet based on his article. I hope you got the clearance from him to prepare the spreadsheet for the article which you have.Thanks in advance.