Featured Articles

Check out the latest featured articles.

File Library

Check out the latest downloads available in the File Library.

New Article

Product Viscosity vs. Shear

Featured File

Vertical Tank Selection

New Blog Entry

Low Flow in Pipes- posted in Ankur's blog

Hydrocracking Design

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic
Share this topic:
| More

#1 Guest_arvind.che_*

Guest_arvind.che_*
  • guestGuests

Posted 27 August 2007 - 11:18 PM

hi guys
can any one give thedesign basis of the hydrocraker unit design ane the catlyst used in this process and process shouil be latest so that i can make my project easily. so plz help me guyssssssssssss

#2 kiran87

kiran87

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 10:55 AM

QUOTE (arvind.che @ Aug 28 2007, 12:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hi guys
can any one give thedesign basis of the hydrocraker unit design ane the catlyst used in this process and process shouil be latest so that i can make my project easily. so plz help me guyssssssssssss

Co-MO and Ni-MO catalyst beds are used in the hydrotreater in the hydrocracking plant..

#3 resmihadi

resmihadi

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 09:55 AM

I think, Raseeve book's is good enough for your att.
'Thermal and Catalytic Processes in Petroleum Refining', it's the title

#4 mbeychok

mbeychok

Gold Member

• ChE Plus Subscriber
  • 364 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 05:19 PM

You might find it most useful to read this article in the online Citizendium encyclopedia:

Hydrocracking

#5 Skyline

Skyline

Gold Member

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 04:12 AM

Hydrocracking process uses amorphous or zeolit catalyst. For treating, it uses either Co-Mo or Ni-Mo, depends on the nitrogen content in the feed.

#6 Pandiarajan

Pandiarajan

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 06:11 AM

Hi,

Hydrocracking Unit - The main objective is to convert the low value primary separation unit's vacuum residue into high value middle distillates. The primary reaction is cracking polycyclic compounds into smaller chain. The reaction is of complex in nature. The kinetics involves hydrogenation, isomerization, alkylation and cracking. The reaction takes place in presence of hydrogen at high pressure and high temperature (approximately 400 deg C and 100 bars). The catalysts used will be zeolite based. The reactors will be a two stage reactor with hydrogen quenching system in between the reactors. The major sections of the Hydrocracking Unit (HCU) are,

1. Feed Preheating section
2. Reactor section
3. Hydrogen generation unit
3. Main fractionator section
4. Off-gas unit

Feed preheating section involves, a series of heat exchangers to preheat the HCU feed from the main fractionator products.
Hydrogen is supplied by a separate production unit based on Pressure Swing Adsorption. The hydrogen pressure in the reactor section is maintained by a multistage reciprocating compressor units. Maintaing the hydrogen pressure is of crucial to HCU operation.

The preheated feed is supplied to two stage reactor with intermediate hydrogen quench. As the hydrocracking reaction is of exothermic type. The reactor effluent/output will be passed on to high pressure separator and low pressure separator.

The reactor effluent is again preheated in a main fractionator preheater and separated in the main fractionator. The off-gas from the mainfractionator top will be distilled in Debutanizer and C3-C4 separtor.

The following link may give you more reaction specific details : http://www.faqs.org/...app/20100075832