Featured Articles

Check out the latest featured articles.

File Library

Check out the latest downloads available in the File Library.

New Article

Product Viscosity vs. Shear

Featured File

Vertical Tank Selection

New Blog Entry

Low Flow in Pipes- posted in Ankur's blog

Using Streams Across Multiple Hysys Case

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic
Share this topic:
| More

#1 blinx4real

blinx4real

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 09:14 AM

Hello All,
I'm currently modelling a flow station with feed streams from multiple wells/reservoir, I xterized d well fluids adn i wish to transfer all of them into a single case file for me to use them. Is this possible and how can I go about it.
Your help will be highly appreciated.

#2 Zauberberg

Zauberberg

Gold Member

• ChE Plus Subscriber
  • 2,727 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 10:42 AM

If I understood you well, you can combine all these streams and unit operations into sub-flowsheet. Select the area you want to transfer into sub-flowsheet, right-click mouse button and choose "Combine into sub-flowsheet".

#3 JoeWong

JoeWong

Gold Member

• ChE Plus Subscriber
  • 1,223 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 03:37 PM

QUOTE (blinx4real @ Jun 30 2008, 10:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hello All,
I'm currently modelling a flow station with feed streams from multiple wells/reservoir, I xterized d well fluids adn i wish to transfer all of them into a single case file for me to use them. Is this possible and how can I go about it.
Your help will be highly appreciated.

I understood you have stream (well) composition and properties from multiple HYSYS files and you would like to transfer them into one HYSYS file...you may use the XML Data Exchanger capability. Detail procedure described in "Transfer Stream or Unit Operation Properties From Hysys File to Another Hysys File"

#4 blinx4real

blinx4real

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 03:37 AM

thanks a lot, that was most helpful. It would have been quite tedious to have to enter the parameters one after the other.

#5 Padmakar Katre

Padmakar Katre

Gold Member

• ChE Plus Subscriber
  • 992 posts

Posted 12 July 2008 - 07:45 AM

Dear,
While using xml application make sure that the two cases have a similar settings in Simulation Basis Manager

#6 blinx4real

blinx4real

Brand New Member

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 July 2008 - 07:58 AM

yes thats true, what I did is to first import the basis package into the new case and then use the xml fucntionality to transfer the stream properties, this worked quite well.

#7 Padmakar Katre

Padmakar Katre

Gold Member

• ChE Plus Subscriber
  • 992 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 08:04 AM

Dear,
Yes you are right. Always work with a saved fluid package if you are performing the similar model simulations. This will not have any discrepency as the Simulation basis manager will have the same settings like list of components and the changes you made like Enthalpy calculations method and all. Then you will not have any problem for import and export cases through .xml.