Featured Articles

Check out the latest featured articles.

File Library

Check out the latest downloads available in the File Library.

New Article

Product Viscosity vs. Shear

Featured File

Vertical Tank Selection

New Blog Entry

Low Flow in Pipes- posted in Ankur's blog

Standard Liquid Volume

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic
Share this topic:
| More

#1 Srikrishna Chaitanya

Srikrishna Chaitanya

Gold Member

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 06:12 AM

Dear all
in HYSYS properties we will find properties like STANDARD IDEAL LIQUID VOLUME , liquid volume at standard conditions , how do we know the exact temperature and pressure at which standard conditions were defined, Actually there are so many standard conditions available right now like GPSA follow their own and API follow their own ( some people use P= 100 KPa & some people use P= 101.325 KPa etc.), how do we know In HYSYS what are the exact conditions
they follow

thank you

regards,
Satish
rolleyes.gif

#2 Art Montemayor

Art Montemayor

Gold Member

• Admin
  • 5,780 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 06:27 AM

Satish:

As a customer of HySys, you have the right and means to raise the phone and call them asking them the very specific and very important question you raise.

You can also contact them through the Internet or email. All this is explained in your simulation program's documentation. If you and your company are paying the tens of thousands of dollars yearly to operate and depend on HySys you have customer rights.

However, if you have not paid for your HySys simulation program, you have problems.

#3 djack77494

djack77494

Gold Member

• ChE Plus Subscriber
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 08:23 AM

You will see quite a few postings in these forums from me expressing dismay at the lack of willingness on the part of many intelligent people to define (just once) what THEY mean by "standard" conditions. This is NOT simple or obvious. There are "standard" conditions as apply to gases and as apply to liquids. In metric, Imperial, and SI units. In chemistry/sciences and in engineering. You will also find a lot of differences from one industry to another. So, when you talk about "standard" conditions, I don't know what you mean unless you've first defined standard conditions. Though not restricted to engineering, much of what we do requires precision and accuracy. All the precision and accuracy in the world is of little value if you can't communicate the end result to the end user, and you can't do this if HE/SHE doesn't know what you mean.

#4 Zauberberg

Zauberberg

Gold Member

• ChE Plus Subscriber
  • 2,727 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 09:02 AM

http://www.eng-tips....d.cfm?qid=97454

#5 Root

Root

Gold Member

• ChE Plus Subscriber
  • 293 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 09:27 AM

QUOTE (djack77494 @ Jul 31 2008, 09:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You will see quite a few postings in these forums from me expressing dismay at the lack of willingness on the part of many intelligent people to define (just once) what THEY mean by "standard" conditions. This is NOT simple or obvious. There are "standard" conditions as apply to gases and as apply to liquids. In metric, Imperial, and SI units. In chemistry/sciences and in engineering. You will also find a lot of differences from one industry to another. So, when you talk about "standard" conditions, I don't know what you mean unless you've first defined standard conditions. Though not restricted to engineering, much of what we do requires precision and accuracy. All the precision and accuracy in the world is of little value if you can't communicate the end result to the end user, and you can't do this if HE/SHE doesn't know what you mean.

Thank you Art and Zauberberg for correct answer and direction.

Toor

#6 JoeWong

JoeWong

Gold Member

• ChE Plus Subscriber
  • 1,223 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 08:55 PM

Check out definition here...

You may find the HYSYS standard condition definition in HYSYS Simulation Basis file (Check out HYSYS Doc)

#7 Srikrishna Chaitanya

Srikrishna Chaitanya

Gold Member

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 11:20 PM

Thank you all for your valuable guidance ,
JOE WONG I got it in SIMULATION BASIS document provided by ASPEN , you have shown me the exact path which saved my time rolleyes.gif
ART had shared his experience with standards in this forum & eng tips forum which is really giving great knowledge of standards for newbie’s like me
Link provided by Zauberberg also of great help.
thank you for all JEDI's for always helping the people to grow